Shovel Knight Release Delayed "A Few Weeks"

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Shovel Knight Release Delayed "A Few Weeks"

Yacht Club Games' retro platformer Shovel Knight will miss its planned March 31 release date.

Yacht Club Games announced yesterday that Shovel Knight will be delayed and will miss its planned March 31 release date. An update on the Kickstarter page for Shovel Knight states, "Shovel Knight will be missing March 31 by a few weeks to make sure it's a world class experience, and can release on all platforms simultaneously. This isn't a major delay, or a long one; it's simply a stretch of time to get everything polished and aligned." The Kickstarter campaign had originally targeted a September 2013 release for the game, but the developers trailer on January 22 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128445-Shovel-Knight-Releases-This-Winter-Gets-New-Trailer].

Major development on the game is complete, but Yacht Club Games says, "There are still some external factors, like submission preparation, which need a little bit more breathing room before the game goes live." A new date will be announced once the release date is confirmed with Nintendo and Steam. Shovel Knight will launch simultaneously on Wii U, 3DS, PC, Mac, and Linux. Pre-orders are available for PC, Mac, and Linux at $15 for the game.

Yacht Club Games launched the Kickstarter campaign to fund Shovel Knight on March 14, 2013 with a goal of $75,000. The fundraising campaign ended with gameplay trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123274-Shovel-Knight-Quadruples-Kickstarter-Goal], but the knight-with-a-shovel premise has always been promising. What do you think? Is Shovel Knight on your must-play list for 2014?

Source: Shovel Knight on Kickstarter [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/775106 ]

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hold on one second...I need to find my...ah, here it is:

Dang it, this is one of the games that I've been looking forward to greatly along with A Hat in Time. Shovel Knight I'm gonna get on my 3DS, but I don't know if I'll also get it on the Wii U as well, seeing as it'd give me another game I'd own on the Wii U and I wanna support Yacht Club Games...now if you'll excuse me I'll go into my time capsule until it's out so then I can get my Shovel Knight...T^T

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Neronium said:
Hold on one second...I need to find my...ah, here it is:

Dang it, this is one of the games that I've been looking forward to greatly along with A Hat in Time. Shovel Knight I'm gonna get on my 3DS, but I don't know if I'll also get it on the Wii U as well, seeing as it'd give me another game I'd own on the Wii U and I wanna support Yacht Club Games...now if you'll excuse me I'll go into my time capsule until it's out so then I can get my Shovel Knight...T^T
Yeah this is one of the games that I'm waiting for, I was looking forward to getting it and being able to play it during my deployment, but alas fate had other plans. :(

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
*sighs*

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and I even backed the thing when I first heard about it. It's really one of the few games that I'm really excited for to play on my 3DS, so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

I understand why they're doing it, but that doesn't mean I'm not bummed about it. :(