Bear Simulator Will Be a Bear-Centric "mini-Skyrim"

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Bear Simulator Will Be a Bear-Centric "mini-Skyrim"

[kickstarter=1330754003/bear-simulator]

Farjay Studios hopes to raise $29,500 to finish its game Bear Simulator.

If Bear Simulator.

The debut project of new developer Farjay Studios, Bear Simulator aims, as its title would suggest, to drop players into the shoes of a bear. Whereas Goat Simulator was perhaps a bit more liberal with its interpretation of what goats actually do however, Bear Simulator intends to play things a bit more straight and give players a "somewhat realistic bear simulation."

What this will entail is first person gameplay that includes a melee fighting system, a ton of exploration and secrets and "unlockable bear abilities." According to Farjay, the game will also include mountain goats which will apparently be "an extremely important feature." Put succinctly, "it's like a mini-Skyrim but you're a bear."

If that sounds all appealing to you, head over to the game's <a href=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330754003/bear-simulator>Kickstarter page and take a closer look. It's only been a few days, but the game has already raised more than half of its $29,500 goal. Just watching the accompanying trailer, it's not hard to see why. Suffice it to say that I look forward to swatting pigs, chasing helpless bunny rabbits and stealing honey.

Source: <a href=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330754003/bear-simulator>Kickstarter

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
*insert Robocop line about purchasing something*

Sounds neat, though I do wonder what "unlockable bear abilities" means. I want my bear to be able to stun-lock wolf packs and be able to go into stealth-mode to gank mountain lions. :3

Seriously though, what are they talking about? "Congrats! Your bear can now scratch its back against a tree!" :p

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
RJ 17 said:

Sounds neat, though I do wonder what "unlockable bear abilities" means. I want my bear to be able to stun-lock wolf packs and be able to go into stealth-mode to gank mountain lions. :3

Seriously though, what are they talking about? "Congrats! Your bear can now scratch its back against a tree!" :p
Here's hoping you can unlock an ability to roll in mud and imitate a rain cloud to trick bees.

AngryViking

Jan 18, 2010
StewShearer said:
"it's like a mini-Skyrim but you're a bear."
This just make me think of the 'Skyrim: Bear' and 'Dovahbear' videos on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/v-CS8L_8LBk

http://youtu.be/5L3DMJB8yGM

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
StewShearer said:
RJ 17 said:

Here's hoping you can unlock an ability to roll in mud an imitate a rain cloud to trick bees.
Oh I'm TOTALLY spec'ing in "Getting My Head Caught In A Honey Jar".

I'll also put some points into acid resistance

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
[tweet t=https://twitter.com/YesIAmABear/status/438772073595301889]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
If When this gets funded, I'm putting it on my wish list. Nothing makes me rub my hands and laugh maniacally more than the prospect of being a bear out to eat environmentalists.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
This is going to be nice. and nice to see some innovation finally. lets hope its not going to be that wolverine game again (im talking about guise of the wolf). ANd internet certainly loves strange simulators. Though i feel like this could just be a mod for skyrim.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
While I find this most entertaining, I am still puzzling why there is no coverage of the Frog Fractions 2 kickstarter.

in any case, i look forward to the relevance of goats

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Backed! This looks like it could be a total laugh.

I like the idea that you're not the biggest bad in the forest.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
"Like Skyrim with Bears"? Look what Farcry marketing started. Now they're going to call the next GTA "Skyrim with hookers." For shame.

OT: Now I actually do get to run around and punch people with my bear hands.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Will you be able to unlock bear outfits? Can you play as Yogi or Pooh? What about Kung-Fu Panda? Are there different levels with different environments? Can you replicate the Polar Bear on the Lost island?