Save $50 on a Titanfall Xbox One Bundle At Walmart, Best Buy

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Save $50 on a Titanfall Xbox One Bundle At Walmart, Best Buy

If you've been waiting for a decent deal to dive into Xbox One's big exclusive, these stores have some deals you should look at.

Titanfall has taken the gaming world by storm, and if you're still short on an Xbox One and the much-hyped title, then today may be the day to fix that. Walmart and Best Buy's websites both are currently offering a bundle deal that includes Titanfall and the Xbox One at $450, $50 less than the regular $500 price of the Xbox One alone.

In both cases, you'll have to add the bundles to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout to view the discounted price. Walmart is also offering the Xbox One, just the console, at the reduced $450 price tag and an Xbox One starter pack for $500, which includes a choice of an Xbox One game or controller.

And if you're still on the fence as Titanfall, you can check out <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/11098-Titanfall-Review-Mechs-and-the-City>our review for the game. "Many games claim to be the most anticipated release of their given year, but very few have a justifiable reason for making such lofty boasts. Titanfall is one of the rarities," wrote our reviews editor, Jim Sterling.

Souce: Gamespot

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
A good deal, but I think too many people are willing to get a console for the only great game it has with not much down the pipeline in terms of concrete follow up releases.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
Save $450-500 by not buying an XBONE! If you want Titan fall get it on PC!

Like many of my gaming friends, I am still not interested in this console regardless of the price. The price is not the issue the blatant disregard for games/gamers is the issue. And well Micro$oft could give a shit less about any of us.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
AzrealMaximillion said:
A good deal, but I think too many people are willing to get a console for the only great game it has with not much down the pipeline in terms of concrete follow up releases.
Check VGChartz. XB1 outsold the PS4 last week, with the only notable release being Titanfall.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
What else does the XBone even have up its sleeve now that Titanfall is out? Other than Sunset Overdrive and that thing that looks like Alan Wake/Max Payne with a plot that twists time into pretzel-knots...

As for the sale, it seems like the sort of thing Microsoft should be doing anyway since the 'bundle' is just the XBone in a sand-brown box with a download code. Didn't the sony/game bundles come with physical copies of the games? Hell, I remember when the 360 game bundles came with physical discs.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Brian Tams said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Check VGChartz. XB1 outsold the PS4 last week, with the only notable release being Titanfall.
And inFamous Second Son came out this week and isn't on other console. I can see the PS4 outselling the X1 next week and consistently after. Remember, that Titanfall is spread on multiple platforms so the X1 sales will drop pretty decently in its second week.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
AzrealMaximillion said:
Brian Tams said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
And inFamous Second Son came out this week and isn't on other console. I can see the PS4 outselling the X1 next week and consistently after. Remember, that Titanfall is spread on multiple platforms so the X1 sales will drop pretty decently in its second week.
Unles it doesn't, and people are waiting on their poaycheck or something, I expect it to have decent persistent sales, it really is very good and makes a greast first impression, word of mouth will go a long way with Titanfall.

I'd rather this was close, M$ have been making a lot of strides in the indie space to, they really do need to make live more of a valuable proposition though. A few free games wouldn't go astray.

Say dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, one of those each month and a couple solid indie games for subscribers? That would balance it out. The competition would be good in the long run.

Still not buying an X1 in black though, and still gonna play Tf on my PC.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Sunset Overdrive
Honestly this would probably be the only game I'd consider getting an Xbox One for, because it looks so vibrant and lovely, and just seems to have that Insomniac charm to it. Of course though we'll see how it goes. But you are right, really after Titanfall what's the next amazing thing coming out for the Xbox One with a bunch of hype around it? Halo 5 isn't coming out until 2015 so it's not that.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
AzrealMaximillion said:
Brian Tams said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Oh, I have no doubt about that. Its just that I was pointing out that enough people wanted Titanfall on the XB1 to be able to push it ahead of the PS4 on a per weekly basis for the first time since they launched. I have no doubt that at the end of this week the PS4 will be back on top of the weekly charts (I also think that a lot of the XB1's that were purchased on launch were done so in anticipation of Titanfall, and that we'll see a significant drop).

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Well it is a good deal for a Xbox One since you get a game. At a price less than advertised separately. Unfortunately it's an online only game meaning you'll need Live to use. So $50 saved is reduced since you'll need to buy yourself as card. So it's not a great deal. Not sure the prices on subscription card.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The proof is in the pudding. Let's see someone take the first bite and see if it's worth it first.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Arawn said:
Well it is a good deal for a Xbox One since you get a game. At a price less than advertised separately. Unfortunately it's an online only game meaning you'll need Live to use. So $50 saved is reduced since you'll need to buy yourself as card. So it's not a great deal. Not sure the prices on subscription card.
Titanfall is online only, so you would need live anyway. Now I haven't seen the bundle myself but I know the bundle before the launch included a year of Xbox live gold (at the stores I went to anyway) dunno if it still applies. but I think $60 on top of this is still chump change when you getting about $110 off already. (plus I think most games come with code for a few days of Xbl gold as a trial anyway.)

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
This would really have tempted me at an earlier time. It even fits with my criteria of matching the ps4 price when you factor in the game. But I'm still not interested, its too little to late for me.

not enough coming out to make my buy a second console this year. And although it seems to be a great game titanfall sounds like a let down to me. I knew the story was to be multiplayer. BUt it just being a radio show you mostly ignore during matches is a real let down. besides I kind of think I might be over the whole death match thing.

besides now that net neutrality gone I'm real hesitant to do download colossal files. I already have lag online gaming. I don't need comcast to throttle me to.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
dystopiaINC said:
Titanfall is online only, so you would need live anyway. Now I haven't seen the bundle myself but I know the bundle before the launch included a year of Xbox live gold (at the stores I went to anyway) dunno if it still applies. but I think $60 on top of this is still chump change when you getting about $110 off already. (plus I think most games come with code for a few days of Xbl gold as a trial anyway.)
Not sure if they're still giving away that free year, a trial is possible. (But if MS is desperate enough they might) Even then the game is dependent upon said subscription. So after that year you need to pay up in order to play your free game. Regardless the whole situation feels like one of those Free to play games that requires RL money to buy content. Sure it's free, but to get the most out of it you'll need to spend funds.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Arawn said:
dystopiaINC said:
Not sure if they're still giving away that free year, a trial is possible. (But if MS is desperate enough they might) Even then the game is dependent upon said subscription. So after that year you need to pay up in order to play your free game. Regardless the whole situation feels like one of those Free to play games that requires RL money to buy content. Sure it's free, but to get the most out of it you'll need to spend funds.
To be honesty I can see your point, but honestly if you have more than one online multilayer game and use other online features the money is not an unreasonable price. I've had it since 2007 and it's definitely been worth it. I dunno if have live you'll end up buying games that use it and by then if you still enjoy those games it's just a drop in the bucket to renew imo. and if your like me you'll keep an eye open for a deal. I still had 6 months on my current year when I saw a deal somebody posted to the X1 sub-reddit (great place to keep track of sales) and got another year for half off.

Now I see people on the Site that go on and on about the virtues of PC gaming and will claim it to be cheaper than console gaming if you know what your doing. and that may be true, but console gaming be very cheep if you know what your doing as well, sales happen all the time and it's only ever really expensive if you buy everything day one and at retail price. but that true of PC gaming too.