Diablo III's Lord of Terror Brought to Life in Amazing Cosplay

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Diablo III's Lord of Terror Brought to Life in Amazing Cosplay

No, that's not some kind of animatronic robot, but an amazingly detailed fan-built Diablo costume.

Every once in a while we come across a piece of cosplay that's just so amazingly bad-ass that we can't help but share it with you. Krizdel Ingreso's Diablo cosplay is just that, managing to capture the Prime Evil himself with more authenticity and detail than anything we've ever seen before. You'd swear it was some kind of animatronic robot professionally built by Blizzard until she takes off the helmet.

Check it out below:

[gallery=2250]

It's rather fitting that under the costume is Ingreso, a woman, considering that in the game, it's Leah who is "under" Diablo. Ingreso has done a great job of emulating the terrifying, yet, still somewhat feminine, qualities of Diablo III's representation of the Lord of Terror. Ingreso has done some other Diablo-related cosplay in the past, but this one just takes the cake. We're looking forward to see what she comes up with next.

Diablo III's first expansion pack: Reaper of Souls, is due out tomorrow, and while we disposed of Diablo in the main game, there's a chance that we might still see him or Leah return.

Source: MMO Champion [https://www.facebook.com/krizdelingreso/media_set?set=a.532667260125749.1073741824.100001474380188&type=3]

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Cosplay kinda loses its "wow" factor when it's done by a professional.

It's less "OMG this is awesome" and more "I'm glad they didn't mess it up".

You pretty much *expect* it to be good, so it loses its impact when cosplay costumes merely live up to the expectations you already have.

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
Incredible build!

I cannot believe there are no shots of the whol costume.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
What's even more incredible than its build quality is the fact that it's a female cospayer not doing a sexy rendition of Diablo, complete with cleavage and what not.

Not that I'll complain. ;)

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Neta said:

You pretty much *expect* it to be good, so it loses its impact when cosplay costumes merely live up to the expectations you already have.
Where does it say she's a professional? There's no mention of that in the article, or it's sources that I can see.

And even if she was, skill is skill. Even a professional making something like this in their spare time wouldn't be working with a TV or movie like budget so I don't see how it takes away from it.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
That is absolutely incredible. I don't even play Diablo (I'm more of a Warcraft guy) and I can see the amount of work that went into staying true to the source material.

I kind of want to see a video of her moving around in it now, to be honest. I'm generally curious how she does so.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Vivi22 said:
Neta said:

Where does it say she's a professional? There's no mention of that in the article, or it's sources that I can see.

And even if she was, skill is skill. Even a professional making something like this in their spare time wouldn't be working with a TV or movie like budget so I don't see how it takes away from it.
It doesn't "take away" from it, but it certainly doesn't add anything.

Like you said, skill is skill. She has great skill, she delivered great results. No more, no less.

Now, if she was blind, or disabled, or whatever - THEN it would be amazing and newsworthy. But as it stands, she's just doing her "job" competently, for lack of a better word.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Neta said:

Like you said, skill is skill. She has great skill, she delivered great results. No more, no less.

Now, if she was blind, or disabled, or whatever - THEN it would be amazing and newsworthy. But as it stands, she's just doing her "job" competently, for lack of a better word.
Again though, where are you getting that she's a professional? It doesn't say that in the article anywhere.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Neta said:
Vivi22 said:
Neta said:

What kind of backwards....
WHAT?

Man, all those great films out there made by professionals: fuck 'em. They're just doing their job. And those games. Moby Dick sure is Moby Dull because it was written by a "professional" author, amirite?

What the hell man. Please never hold this opinion on creativity. Beyond rude.

OT:
Yeah, that's pretty badass, although I imagine moving around is probably not the easiest thing to do. Malthael likely not to be this painful in its creation :p

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Vivi22 said:
Neta said:

Again though, where are you getting that she's a professional? It doesn't say that in the article anywhere.
You know "Google" is a thing, right?

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Ferisar said:
Man, all those great films out there made by professionals: fuck 'em. They're just doing their job. And those games. Moby Dick sure is Moby Dull because it was written by a "professional" author, amirite?
Uh... no. Do you even know what argument you're trying to make?

Those "great films out there made by professionals" - we EXPECT them to be great, and we raise seven kinds of hell when they turn out to be overhyped crap.

Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movies - they're amazing, but then we wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Do you really not get the difference between "expected results" and "exceeding expectations"?

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
The way Steven phrased the end of the first paragraph reminded me a lot of the Samus reveal at the end of the original Metroid. Also, as the first photo of this gallery established, movement is hardly a problem in this costume. When you're the Lord of Terror, that's all the movement that matters.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Did she have the flip off the camera in the first shot? It sort of breaks the illusion for me. Now, if she had her hand open and reaching for the camera, like reaching for your soul, then that would be awesome.

Very impressive costume though. I wonder how much it weighs? It looks like it weighs a ton, but I don't think it does otherwise that helmet would probably break her neck.