X-Men: Days of Future Past New Trailer Arrives

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
X-Men: Days of Future Past New Trailer Arrives

<youtube=ERT6ByXEDFM>​
A second trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past aims to hype up the film's release two months from now.

20th Century Fox released its second full trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past today ahead of the film's May 23 theater release. The trailer only gives so much away, but a large battle is brewing, leaving the present in a mess. The only way to fix it is to go back to the past.

War is escalating, and even present-day Magneto has had enough, telling his dear friend, "All those years wasted fighting each other, Charles..." The present-day mutants have to make nice with the earlier mutants, and to do so they must send Wolverine to the past to make things right for the grim future's survival. Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to cooperate; Mystique appears on screen with the ominous comment, "It's us or them."

Plenty of the fan favorite characters from the previous X-Men films from the present and past generation will have roles to play in Days of Future Past. The large cast includes Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, and many more. Peter Dinklage, well known for his role in Game of Thrones, will also be playing an antagonistic role as Boliver Trask.

X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
There's something "off" about this trailer to me, and I can't tell if it's because it's Bryan Singer or because X3 left such a bad impression on the series. There's also the fact that both Iron Man and the Avengers movies did such a good job. I think my issue is that, while Singer ushered in this new era of more realistic superheroes that could be related to, too many quality movies have come and gone that just obliterated the superhero movie concept.

Don't get me wrong, that one scene in X-Men 2 involving the jet, right before Magneto, that's the only time I saw a movie in a theater where the entire audience started applauding wildly. I think one guy behind me even yelled "YEAH!!!" Since then, two simple words such as "Puny God" were able to evoke both laughter and zeal.

Then again, trailers nowadays are probably made by marketing people who wouldn't know a *BAMF* from a *SNIKT*, so I'll see this movie regardless.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Looks awesome but I couldn't help' but feel disappointed the moment I saw that Wolverine was the one going back in time, I'm kinda tired of Wolverine already, but to be fair he's never been one of my favourite X-Men so that's probably that, if the movie is more like this trailer and focuses more on Magneto and Charles I'll probably like it more than if it's yet another movie where Wolverine saves the day.

The World Famous

Mar 1, 2010
Kaleion said:
Looks awesome but I couldn't help' but feel disappointed the moment I saw that Wolverine was the one going back in time, I'm kinda tired of Wolverine already, but to be fair he's never been one of my favourite X-Men so that's probably that, if the movie is more like this trailer and focuses more on Magneto and Charles I'll probably like it more than if it's yet another movie where Wolverine saves the day.
My thoughts too. There's a lot of lipservice paid to fan-favorites like Sunspot and Shadowcat, but how much will they actually feature in the movie? Is it just going to be a bunch of Wolverine or is someone else going to get to contribute?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The World Famous said:
Kaleion said:
My thoughts too. There's a lot of lipservice paid to fan-favorites like Sunspot and Shadowcat, but how much will they actually feature in the movie? Is it just going to be a bunch of Wolverine or is someone else going to get to contribute?
I don't mind if they don't focus too much on them, I would just like this to be about Charles and Magneto's philosophical differences and how they have to work together rather than a 6th movie in which Wolverine saves the day, I don't really think we need another one of those.
Though yeah it'd be great if they focused more on those characters, I mean there are so many awesome characters in X-men so limiting to the same ones over and over again seems kind off stupid.

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
I... Don't know what to make of this. I'm on board the train of "Please stop putting Wolverine in every damn movie" but I also want this to be good. Simply because First Class was wonderful. This one feels... Cheap. And if that's what the Sentinels look like... I'm not sold.

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
I... Don't know what to make of this. I'm on board the train of "Please stop putting Wolverine in every damn movie" but I also want this to be good. Simply because First Class was wonderful. This one feels... Cheap. And if that's what the Sentinels look like... I'm not sold.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Looks like the final stage of the evolution for the sentinel program isn't Nimrods, but Furies. I like this change, was never a fan of the big pink death robot. Still not sure if I like the DoFP version of Quicksilver. But the actor does have a history of playing characters from broken homes, so there's that.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Kumagawa Misogi said:
Kaleion said:
Blame the fact that "First Class" is the worst performing X-men film while last year's "The Wolverine" is the 2nd best performing after X2.
Really? First Class did worse than The Last Stand?

Well, looks like you're right. I just can't believe The Last Stand [http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=xmen.htm] made the most money. Eh, I don't care that much really. I just have a hard time believing the movie with the line "I'm the Juggernaut, *****" made 459 million.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
FizzyIzze said:
There's something "off" about this trailer to me, and I can't tell if it's because it's Bryan Singer or because X3 left such a bad impression on the series. There's also the fact that both Iron Man and the Avengers movies did such a good job. I think my issue is that, while Singer ushered in this new era of more realistic superheroes that could be related to, too many quality movies have come and gone that just obliterated the superhero movie concept.

Don't get me wrong, that one scene in X-Men 2 involving the jet, right before Magneto, that's the only time I saw a movie in a theater where the entire audience started applauding wildly. I think one guy behind me even yelled "YEAH!!!" Since then, two simple words such as "Puny God" were able to evoke both laughter and zeal.

Then again, trailers nowadays are probably made by marketing people who wouldn't know a *BAMF* from a *SNIKT*, so I'll see this movie regardless.
I am also not optimistic about this movie because of Singer, they should have kept Mathew Vaughn the man has a sense for pacing that Singer has never displayed. It should be said that I think that Bryan Singer is a good writer and he has clearly displayed a good grasp and knowledge of the franchise both visually and thematically.... he is just not a very good story teller, and that is key for a director.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Kumagawa Misogi said:
Oh man, such a rookie error for me to make. Thanks for making sense of it.

O maestre said:
I've been speaking to some hardcore comic friends of mine and they seem pretty optimistic about this latest movie. I dunno, I think it's more that I usually get excited about the wrong movies. I felt burned when I got all excited for, say Oblivion, but then I was surprised at how much I liked Jack Reacher (dunno why I'm referencing two Tom Cruise movies). I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm still not all that moved by this trailer though :/

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Kaleion said:
I'm also hoping for Magneto and Xavier (young and old) to be the focus of the movie.

However, given the relative sizes of the actors on the films poster, I think someone else may be the main character ...