The Walking Dead Recap: Season 4 Episode 15 "Us"

Dan O'Halloran

Feb 4, 2014
The Walking Dead Recap: Season 4 Episode 15 "Us"

The group are reuniting, but are they (and we) being set up for a fall?

Read Full Article

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
I completely missed the point that Joe planted the head. Was there a clue or was it just Daryl's look on his face?

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
My only question after watching the episode is... What is that meat cooking? It's freaky, the place is so quiet and plump older ladies grilling big slabs of meat with no one else around during the zombie apocalypse is fucking creepy and a sign to nope the fuck out or kill her and ask questions later.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Joe didn't plant the rabbit head, Lem(?) did and Joe saw him do it and just waited to see whether Lem would lie about planting it or not.

Also Terminus is definitely not the utopia it's being built up to be. Just think of the meaning of it: "the end of the line" it sounds extremely ominous to me. Also worth noting is that the barbed wire on the fences pointed INWARDS not outwards, as if to keep people in not keep walkers out.

Also Maggie telling Glenn to burn the photograph is extremely obvious foreshadowing that Maggie won't be with us for too much longer.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
IndomitableSam said:
My only question after watching the episode is... What is that meat cooking? It's freaky, the place is so quiet and plump older ladies grilling big slabs of meat with no one else around during the zombie apocalypse is fucking creepy and a sign to nope the fuck out or kill her and ask questions later.
Sight Unseen said:
Also Terminus is definitely not the utopia it's being built up to be. Just think of the meaning of it: "the end of the line" it sounds extremely ominous to me. Also worth noting is that the barbed wire on the fences pointed INWARDS not outwards, as if to keep people in not keep walkers out.
Is it me or we have a Walking dead episode 2 (Telltale games) situation brewing over here? I'm not going to spoil it, but it sure does made me think of that.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
freaper said:
I completely missed the point that Joe planted the head. Was there a clue or was it just Daryl's look on his face?
Actually, Joe said he watched the other bowman plant it in the bag, and that was why they killed him... because he broke the big rule.. lying. I have also seen something very interesting floating around, that I didnt catch. Think back to the house where Michonne was looking at the paintings. One painting was of a flower that looked like a sunflower, and looked EXACTLY like the flowers around Terminus. The other painting she found was of a woman with blood and such all over it. Look it up, that woman in the painting looked EXACTLY like Mary, the woman greeting Glenn and crew at Terminus. Whether or not it was a red herring put there to worry us for no reason, or whether or not it bodes something bad remains to be seen...

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
IndomitableSam said:
Sight Unseen said:
Is it me or we have a Walking dead episode 2 (Telltale games) situation brewing over here? I'm not going to spoil it, but it sure does made me think of that.
That's my thought too, and I think they have Beth as well.

Dan O'Halloran

Feb 4, 2014
Sight Unseen said:
Joe didn't plant the rabbit head, Lem(?) did and Joe saw him do it and just waited to see whether Lem would lie about planting it or not.
I should have been more clear that it's my theory that Joe planted the head to cause the fight to show Daryl loyalty. I think he values Daryl over Lem and he knew Daryl was looking to leave soon so he did something to cause Daryl to bond with the him and the group. He's playing Daryl, manipulating him to be part of this new family.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
Dan O said:
Sight Unseen said:
I should have been more clear that it's my theory that Joe planted the head to cause the fight to show Daryl loyalty. I think he values Daryl over Lem and he knew Daryl was looking to leave soon so he did something to cause Daryl to bond with the him and the group. He's playing Daryl, manipulating him to be part of this new family.
You should probably have mentioned your theory about Daryl fancying Beth. Personally, I don't see it.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Dan O said:
Sight Unseen said:
I'm sorry but I don't really agree with this theory. That would mean that he's breaking the very same rule that he had someone killed for breaking (lying), and I don't see why Daryl would be such a prize to him. Just because Daryl is a celebrity in the walking dead fandom doesn't mean that every character in the show (especially complete strangers) would be willing make up an excuse to kill a member of their own group just to get him to join them.

I'm going to have to apply Occam's razor here. It's much simpler that Lem was jealous of Daryl and wanted him to get in trouble so he planted the rabbit head and then Joe saw him do it and then tested him to see if he would lie about it. Having Joe do it means that he'd have to first steal the rabbit head from Lem and then plant it on Daryl, both of which he could have been caught for and would look really terrible on him as the leader. Would he really be willing to risk his own reputation, leadership position, and possibly his life just to get some nobody to maybe consider joining his group?

Britishfan

Jan 9, 2013
Sight Unseen said:
Dan O said:
Sight Unseen said:
I'm sorry but I don't really agree with this theory. That would mean that he's breaking the very same rule that he had someone killed for breaking (lying), and I don't see why Daryl would be such a prize to him. Just because Daryl is a celebrity in the walking dead fandom doesn't mean that every character in the show (especially complete strangers) would be willing make up an excuse to kill a member of their own group just to get him to join them.

I'm going to have to apply Occam's razor here. It's much simpler that Lem was jealous of Daryl and wanted him to get in trouble so he planted the rabbit head and then Joe saw him do it and then tested him to see if he would lie about it. Having Joe do it means that he'd have to first steal the rabbit head from Lem and then plant it on Daryl, both of which he could have been caught for and would look really terrible on him as the leader. Would he really be willing to risk his own reputation, leadership position, and possibly his life just to get some nobody to maybe consider joining his group?
I prefer this idea: Don't trust anybody. I'm assumimg Joe is a lying manipulative hypocrite, until proven otherwise. There's just something about him that makes me dislike & mistrust him.

on the topic of this "fall" that's coming up; I'm just not so convinced that it'll be as hear wrenching as this article suggests. Almost all the characters we've been looking at this season either have plot armour (Rick) or fan favourite armour. This isn't Game Of Thrones or the Whedonverse, I just don't see the writers of The Walking Dead being that brutal regarding characters.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Riff Moonraker said:
freaper said:
Actually, Joe said he watched the other bowman plant it in the bag, and that was why they killed him... because he broke the big rule.. lying. I have also seen something very interesting floating around, that I didnt catch. Think back to the house where Michonne was looking at the paintings. One painting was of a flower that looked like a sunflower, and looked EXACTLY like the flowers around Terminus. The other painting she found was of a woman with blood and such all over it. Look it up, that woman in the painting looked EXACTLY like Mary, the woman greeting Glenn and crew at Terminus. Whether or not it was a red herring put there to worry us for no reason, or whether or not it bodes something bad remains to be seen...
I vaguely remember there being a similarly creepy painting at the start of the season, in that one episode where the governor and his (then-not-yet) lackeys came to a wooden lodge. The camera got stuck for a brief moment on a painting of a girl with her eyes crossed out? I don't really remember too accurately.

Yea, I thought that was why they killed the archer, because he broke the rules, but I'll say that Joe cheating his own men would be more interesting. At least we'll get to see some more growling Rick action when that group gets to Terminus.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Sseth said:
Calling it now. Mary is a cannibal like the ones from the comic books.

The steak they eat is made from Beth. YUMMY.
Yep. In fact, I'm pretty sure the car that Beth was taken away in is visible in the garage that Daryl's group rests in on their way to catch up with the people from Terminus. I'm sort of hoping that these guys who we are supposed to believe are a bunch of shitheads end up saving everyone's lives and are totally on the level despite being a little rough, especially after Rick fucking killed one essentially in cold blood.

Also Beth isn't out of Daryl's league, she's just less than half his goddamn age. Weird ship IMO.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
We all see the bloodbath telegraph from miles away, although I still want to see how it's going to go down I wish they would make thing less obvious.

Terminus, with unlock gates and old women barbecuing in the yard, yeah right! I find it weird that the group surviving for so long would fall into such obvious trap. It's the governor all over again.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Just watched the episode and god damn, Terminus is creepy as hell! I was so happy to see Glenn and Maggie reunite and I hope they don't get hurt in the season finale. Although I do get the feeling that in the finale Maggie gets infected and the survivors decide to head to Washington D.C with the scientist and his buddies in hopes that they can save Maggie. And that's the story line for the first few episodes of season 5, the group trying to reach Washington D.C in time.

I'm probably wrong though. I can't remember how long it takes for people to succumb to the virus, plus I don't think the scientist has talked about a cure yet. So even if they got to Washington D.C in time, Maggie would still die because it takes time to formulate a cure.

Nah, maybe Maggie doesn't get infected and they'll stay at the Terminus for the most part of the next season. But yeah, I'll predict that Beth is dead/dies in the finale. And that Soylent Green is people.