Shelter 2 Announced, This Time With Kitties

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Shelter 2 Announced, This Time With Kitties

Shelter, last year's badger survival simulator, is getting a sequel - trading badgers for the agile lynx.

Prior to Might and Delight's wilderness survival game Shelter, a pitifully small number of people understood what it was like to be a badger, struggling in the harsh world of nature. Now that the market has been more or less cornered on badger simulators, Might and Delight is moving on to a different part of the ecosystem for a follow-up title. The newly announced Shelter 2 puts you behind the paws of a wild lynx who must protect her cubs.

"The beauty of nature goes hand in hand with its unforgiving rawness," developer Might and Delight proclaims. "That is central in Shelter 2, and one of the reasons we chose to make a game about a Lynx. They are in the middle of the food chain, and there are far more vicious things out on the cold tundra..."

[gallery=2281]

Shelter 2 (which, regrettably, is not subtitled Lynx Awakening) follows the mother lynx as she gives birth to a litter of little lynx, raises them in the wild, and fights to keep them alive. The wilderness is ripe with prey to hunt, but also dangerous predators that you'll need to watch out for. Shelter veterans will find plenty of new mechanics, as the lynx is a bit more mobile than the badger.

Shelter 2 will be migrating onto Steam, Good Old Games, and "other digital platforms" sometime this fall. You can find more information over at the official website [http://mightanddelight.com/index.php?page=shelter2#main].

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
That's awesome! I just hope they can make this one a little more "open world". Either way, I'll gladly spend a few more hours in one of their worlds.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Been meaning to get into Shelter 1. I've been looking for typical old animal simulators (as in not goat simulator) I could grab for cheap, and Shelter looked damn interesting enough to fit the bill. The fact that it will be with lynx this time only sweetens the deal.

EDIT: Holy moly, the timing (both with the new teaser and how it's my birthday today). Shelter is on sale this week on Steam for $2.50, 75% off.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Ah Shelter, I actually still have that on my Mac. I got really fuzzeled with the controls (I don't plat PC games much). But I might try and give it another chance. Shelter 2 looks really pretty, as always, I hope they brushed it up a bit since the first one.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
For a moment there, I thought the title said "STALKER 2 announced", and then I was like "holy shit! A new Stalker game!11". Then I clicked on the page and saw cute animals. Tears ensued.

I guess this game has a semi-interesting premise. May as well find out more about it.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
"Let's make Shelter again with even more adorable critters that you can't save"
It's official: the devs hate us

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Wooo! Great!
I still haven't played Shelter despite buying and installing it ages ago but I guess it isn't one of the games I need to play asap, so it gets pushed back in my "schedule".
Still cool that they're making another one.

Also grabbed a new wallpaper off their website <3