8 of the Most Gruesome Deaths in Game of Thrones

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 of the Most Gruesome Deaths in Game of Thrones

To celebrate the upcoming season of Game of Thrones we're giving you eight of the most gruesome deaths in the past three seasons of the beloved series. So get ready for some spoilers and a lot of blood.

Read Full Article

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Never seen an episode but I always enjoy gruesome deaths and I think the one with the molten gold on the head was brilliant. Everyone gets their wish, the victim gets gold on their head, the executioner gets rid of the person who wanted gold on their head.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I think one of the most gruesome was the scene in the last ep of series, which was a re-write of how it happened in the book. But since the spoiler blanket was lifted...

When Arya Stark killed the Tickler. She repeatedly stabbed him in a mad rage screaming at him the questions he would casually ask the prisoners as he tortured them.

actar411

Apr 14, 2010
I have to say, I was genuinely surprised that you think most people liked Ned Stark. Maybe it was just me, but I thought he was daft from the first episode. Bad decision after bad decision. I'm not sure what people expected, he was always going to die.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
I think this is quite an odd list for "most gruesome" deaths. Possibly most memorable deaths but what about the rat bucket, Jory getting stabbed through the eye and Theon's rather messy execution of Rodrick?

Also Viserys's golden crown is one of my favourite deaths ever. It had a long build-up and was very violent and very clever(Game of Thrones summed up in a sentence) with the added bonus that it involves killing someone who actually bloody deserves it for once!

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Never seen an episode but I always enjoy gruesome deaths and I think the one with the molten gold on the head was brilliant. Everyone gets their wish, the victim gets gold on their head, the executioner gets rid of the person who wanted gold on their head.
Actually, (this happens before GoT) Ned Stark had the option to take the throne after he and Robert Baratheon defeated the old King, and he refused.

He, like any good Stark, did it for honour.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
K12 said:
I think this is quite an odd list for "most gruesome" deaths. Possibly most memorable deaths but what about the rat bucket, Jory getting stabbed through the eye and Theon's rather messy execution of Rodrick?

Also Viserys's golden crown is one of my favourite deaths ever. It had a long build-up and was very violent and very clever(Game of Thrones summed up in a sentence) with the added bonus that it involves killing someone who actually bloody deserves it for once!
Or...

Theon's execution of those two kids.

Still, the last one was the most shocking one I saw in the series, I knew that the Red Wedding was coming, but I didn't expect it to be this brutal.

It was worth the wait in an otherwise uneventful season.