Amazon To Acquire ComiXology Within The Year

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Amazon To Acquire ComiXology Within The Year

[http://pv.webbyawards.com/2014/web/general-website/games-related]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Well, time to find another digital comic store. Although the Borg Amazon will probably assimilate every internet business eventually.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
You know how people say comic book villians always have the craziest plans...

Fanghawk said:
"More than seven years ago, John D. Roberts, Peter Jaffe, and I set out to connect people to comic books and graphic novels they'd love, and we're so excited about how far we've come," Steinberger wrote. "We have long had the goal of making every person on the planet a comics fan. With Amazon's help, this crazy goal is more possible than ever before."
Not even the Joker was that ambitious!

CAPTCHA vegan zombie wants grains!... I don't want to know

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Mcoffey said:
Cool. Maybe I can get some Amazon Prime discounts on comics now too.
Yeah. It'd be even cooler if they provided some of the comics for free through Prime, like they do with TV shows and movies.

1deano1

Oct 6, 2008
I use ComiXology quite a lot. So, i'm interested to see how this pans out. I've spent over £100 on comics in the last few months alone so this certainly has my attention.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
there was some wondering as to whether or not this would kill physical comics or local comic stores...

unless I get a tablet viewing comics in digital form isn't really Ideal..it would be cool if they develop e-reader technology with color..but thats probably a bit far off

I probably will get a tablet of some kind one day but even then I'm not sure I like the idea of my comic reading being on a normal LCD screen...at least with a proper e reader I can turn it off when I don't need it or turn it down...

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
Digital comics are pretty much a non entity for me unless I can download and actually keep them (Which comixology doesnt allow), so this doesnt bother me one way or the other. Maybe this will change it, more than likely it will stay the same

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013

With ComiXology on his side, I'm sure Amazon will defeat the Ten-Faced Demon Gorgos in no time!