Survey Reveals What the "Perfect" Male and Female Body Should Look Like

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Survey Reveals What the "Perfect" Male and Female Body Should Look Like

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I realize that it's probably due to the patchwork nature of this sort of thing, but I find the "perfect female body according to men" horrifying on some level. Like a stitched together homunculus put together by barely-competent surgeons using 18th century medical diagrams.

Interesting that both men and women have a reasonably close (to my eye) ideal though.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I don't need to say that this study was useless. What's perfect to one set of people is different to another set of people. All four of these pictures don't appeal to me very much. Perfection is impossible.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Racecarlock said:
What the fuck am I looking at? It's like doctor frankenstein went insane.
This is from his blue period.

In any case, the solution is obvious: fire, and lots of it.

Donzacuceron

Sep 22, 2012
I'm honestly surprised that Jennifer Aniston and Frank Lampart made it to the list.A lot of Chelsea fans in the UK I reckon.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Reminds me of Jim's episode on coffee surveys. Is this really what people think or just what society expects of them to say.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Well, this thread is going well ... it's just "omg it looks weird" well of course it does and of course it looks like a frakenstein 'cos it is!

Anyway, it is kind of telling. Men like curves but media has warped the body expectations of women, so they think the ideal woman is a stick and the men have gone for a chunkier, larger boobed woman. Women seem to love straight hair and men like curvier.

Should be a self esteem boost to curvy women!

On the other hand, guys and gals seem to have the same idea about the perfect guy is like ... the only significant difference is women like head hair, just lots of hair on the face and head.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I agree with the overall male ideal for a female body.
Minus the face, because I've always found Megan Fox to be kind of...fugly...in that regard.

I agree with the overall female ideal for a male body.
-Minus the facial hair, which I've never liked.

I, personally, find whales and skeletons nasty.
I've never understood people who found either body types appealing.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
While neither of those images is perfect to me (nor would I ever use celebrities in my definition of perfect as I find too many of them to have an airbrushed look for my taste), I must say that, when comparing these images directly, I'm gonna have to side with the women on this one. The 'male's' idea of a perfect man and woman are both freakishly horrifying.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Creeeeepy. Though it is nice to know women like hairy men. I myself would never go without the stache - I just feel naked without it. But just one question - do the Hugh Jackman arms come with claws? Cuz if they do, I'm all for that.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I can honestly say those images, all four of them, are the real life uncanny valley. At any rate, I would disagree entirely. I don't need to mix and match to find my ideal woman - I'm not too fussed about arms or legs as long as they look nice. Breasts aren't a major concern, as long as they're not tiny - I know from knowing people with the same concern that too big breasts can cause back issues, plus I'm not a fan of beach balls anyway (peaches are better than melons as far as I'm concerned). I don't like girls who are too slim, to the point of being borderline eating disorder, but although I kind of like curvy girls I'm not a fan of when they're too big. By the way, there's no set limits for any of these things - case by case basis really.

What does it for me is nice hair and a nice face, I want a girl who's cute and pretty rather than a 'conventional beauty', and shoulder length hair is my favourite (I don't see why the hair needs to be much longer than that, and extensions are a massive NO in my book. Same with peroxide blonde unless it's natural, and with loads of makeup plastered on the face). The pictures above have what I would call 'too much hair'. Red hair is a definite YES, though black or dark brown is pretty awesome too. That's pretty much it for me.

Oh, and I like Irish girls too. Seriously, give me a pretty Irish girl and if she's not a complete ***** and we get on okay I will just fall in love, straight away. It's the accent. Such a turn-on for me...

[small]By the way, don't take the above to mean I'm shallow, I'll happily go for girls who don't meet any of those requirements if we get on well and match in other concerns, like personality-wise and so on, it's just that the above are the traits I'm most attracted to...[/small]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
not pictures of Bjork

The UK has no taste, maaaaaaaan.

Ah well, I don't need a survey to tell me what I find attractive.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
The women's choice for the perfect female body is definitely preferable, to me.

But I'm also kind of "meh" on the very idea of a perfect body. There are a great variety of beautiful body types, after all.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
AnthrSolidSnake said:
I don't need to say that this study was useless. What's perfect to one set of people is different to another set of people. All four of these pictures don't appeal to me very much. Perfection is impossible.
Do you see the contradiction in your post?

In the second phrase you say that there is such a thing as perfection for a set of people, while in the last phrase you say that perfection is impossible.

Obviously perfection is not impossible, as long as you consider it relative to certain sets of people. It very reasonable to assume that an individual can pinpoint the ideal (= perfect) body shape for him or herself and once you got that down, it is pretty simple to calculate an average over a larger population.

That obviously doesn't mean that the result will match everyone's taste, because that is what average means.

Overall I find the survey very interesting, because the results show feeling of inadequacy in both genders: The women think they need to be thinner than the men wish they were while the men think they need to be more buff than the women want them to be. I think that is a pretty neat result for a such a small survey.