NBA Team Logos Re-imagined With Pokemon Mascots

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
NBA Team Logos Re-imagined With Pokemon Mascots

Ever wonder which Pokemon would represent which NBA team?

Sadly, we live in a world populated by regular, boring, everyday animals like dogs, cats, and wolverines, rather than the fantastical creatures of the Pokemon universe. But what if we didn't? Some talented artists have imagined what America's NBA team mascots would be, if we lived in the Pokemon world. From the Orlando Magikarp to the Chicago Tauros, please enjoy this gallery of Poke-fied NBA team logos:

[gallery=2335]

The artist(s) has done a fantastic job, but we are having a bit of trouble identifying him/her/them. The imgur album was uploaded by user Neogaf [http://musclesmicah.imgur.com/] by user Snakeyes. Whoever made these, we salute you!

I especially like how some of the teams keep their real world names (like the Orlando Magikarp), while others take the name of a Pokemon town/area (like the Kanto Ember), while still paying homage to the original basketball team's logo.

Source: Neogaf [http://imgur.com/a/B2cYn/all]

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Wow these were really, really clever and well thought out.

But boy who would want to be called "the self-destructs"?

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
Story said:
But boy who would want to be called "the self-destructs"?
It's more a jab at Portland's recent history. That's the only thing I can think of since their real name is the Trailblazers, so it has to be a joke.

Anyway, thanks for posting :D

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Haha, I'd totally buy another Parsons or Hardin jersey if it had the Team Rocket logo on it ;)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I may not know much about Basketball, but they really dropped the ball on a few of these. There's a team called the Cavaliers, there's a Pokemon called Escavalier, or the Milwaukee Bucks could be the Milwaukee Sawsbucks?

Are artists so afraid to use other gen Pokemon out of fear of some random people online disliking their fan art because they may not know the newer Pokemon? Unless the artist in question does not know of any other Pokemon, why limit yourself?

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
*sneers* Of all the Pokémon you coulda used for the Timberwolves, you used a @!#?@! Raticate?!?

*sneer changes to evil grin* Actually, I have a challenge for you, Micah. Do the NCAA mascots next. In fact...take a look at Goldie the Gopher from the University of Minnesota and then look at a Patrat. I think you see where I'm going.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
A lot of Pokemon I really like are in this list. Hitmonlee, Bellsprout, Onix, Raticate and Pinsir. Know nothing of the NBA or American football as a game, but nice logos.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Hero of Lime said:
I may not know much about Basketball, but they really dropped the ball on a few of these. There's a team called the Cavaliers, there's a Pokemon called Escavalier, or the Milwaukee Bucks could be the Milwaukee Sawsbucks?

Are artists so afraid to use other gen Pokemon out of fear of some random people online disliking their fan art because they may not know the newer Pokemon? Unless the artist in question does not know of any other Pokemon, why limit yourself?
It might also be the fact that there is a currently small but growing city league Pokemon tournament players who have made names in tangent with their home city. With logos too if I remember. One of them was definitely called the Milwaukee Sawsbucks.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
What the hell? All of them are super cool, then I get to Portland's logo and we're don't even get a sweet pokemon in our logo? Make fun of the team, that's fine, but we seriously don't get a pokemon?

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
AdagioBoognish said:
What the hell? All of them are super cool, then I get to Portland's logo and we're don't even get a sweet pokemon in our logo? Make fun of the team, that's fine, but we seriously don't get a pokemon?
The heck you're talking about? You've got a Voltorb.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
These are all brilliant, and all the logos fit their real world counterparts. I think I have found my new desktop wallpaper.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Damn, nice logos. I wish they could do that with my state college team, though it would probably just end up being a Tauros.

The Miami heat should be a Rapidash if you ask me.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Lyiat said:
AdagioBoognish said:
The heck you're talking about? You've got a Voltorb.
That's barely a voltorb, doesn't even looks like a pokemon when compared to all the other awesome logos.