Netflix Releases Orange Is The New Black Season 2 Trailer

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Netflix Releases Orange Is The New Black Season 2 Trailer

Dust off those orange jumpsuits, Orange Is The New Black returns June 6.

Netflix released the trailer for the second season of prison comedy-drama Orange Is The New Black today. The second season follows Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) back behind bars to serve another sentence at Litchfield prison, where she was incarcerated in the first season. The series is based on Piper Kerman's memoir, Orange Is The New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison. The second season will be available on Netflix, in its entirety, on June 6.

The first season of Orange Is The New Black had more viewers [http://allthingsd.com/20130723/netflixs-no-name-show-beating-house-of-cards-and-arrested-development/] and more hours viewed in its first week than any other Netflix original series. Orange Is The New Black has been nominated for several Writers Guild of America Awards, as People's Choice Award, and won a Satellite Award for Best Cast in an Televised Series. It has also been nominated for a GLAAD Media Award for its portrayal of issues relevant to the LGBT community. The second season of Orange Is The New Black sees the return of its ensemble cast, including Jason Biggs, Laura Prepon, Kate Mulgrew, Danielle Brooks, Uzo Aduba, Natasha Lyonne, Taryn Manning, Laverne Cox, Michael Harney, Samira Wiley, and Yael Stone. Lorraine Toussant joins the cast as Yvonne "Vee" Parker, who is revealed in the trailer as an old acquaintance of Galina "Red" Reznikov, the no-nonsense prison chef played by Mulgrew.

Netflix has been churning out original content after the success of its 2013 hits, including House of Cards and Hemlock Grove. Netflix released the second season of House of Cards [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132026-House-of-Cards-Season-3-Picked-Up-Ahead-of-Second-Season-Debut] on February 15, and has renewed the show for a third season. The second season of the horror thriller series Hemlock Grove will premiere on July 11. Netflix is also in talks to produce additional Arrested Development content, either in the form of a feature film or a new season.

Source: The Verge [http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/17/5624446/netflix-orange-is-the-new-black-season-two-trailer-released]

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
YAY! been waiting for so long for this. Loved the first season. Netflix originals really are impressing me to no end.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Yeah, OitNB is SUCH a fantastic show. I'm really hyped for this. PLUS, it comes out on my birthday!

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I'm not that excited, if I have to believe this trailer the characters I find the least interesting are going to be at the forefront this season. :(

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
WarpedLord said:
It's really too bad that Hemlock grove was as bad as House of Cards and OitNB are good...
Granted I haven't seen hemlock grove yet, but so far everything netflix released and I watched has been amazing (OitNB, HoC, AD s4)