BlizzCon 2014 Coming In November

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BlizzCon 2014 Coming In November

Tickets for BlizzCon 2014 will go on sale next month.

Blizzard announced today that the eighth BlizzCon convention, the annual celebration of Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo, will take place on November 7 and 8 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California. Attendees will get hands-on time with the latest versions of Blizzard games, follow discussion panels with development team members, take part in casual and competitive tournaments and witness the global finals for Blizzard eSports, including the StarCraft II World Championship Series Global Finals.

"With Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls recently launched and Heroes of the Storm and Warlords of Draenor gearing up for beta, 2014 is already shaping up to be an epic year for Blizzard gamers," Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said. "We can't wait to celebrate and share what we've been working on with everyone this November."

Tickets will be sold in two batches, the first on May 7 and the second on May 10, while a separate block of roughly 200 tickets that include access to an exclusive pre-BlizzCon dinner to in benefit of the BlizzCon.com [http://www.choc.org/].

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Well... gonna be a rather bland year for Blizzard. Their new expansion for WoW would be either weeks away from release, or simply already out. and Diablo 3 has also launched it's expansion. All they really have to work with is the next SC2 expansion and Heroes of the Storm. It's going to be a relatively uneventful convention unless they bust out a new property.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Uuuh...what? I didn't expect this. WoD is coming out and I kind of assumed Heroes of the Storm was coming out later this year too and Blizz typically doesn't do Blizzcon when they've got a couple big releases to work on, I don't think.

dragongit said:
Well... gonna be a rather bland year for Blizzard. Their new expansion for WoW would be either weeks away from release, or simply already out. and Diablo 3 has also launched it's expansion. All they really have to work with is the next SC2 expansion and Heroes of the Storm. It's going to be a relatively uneventful convention unless they bust out a new property.
Project Titan announcement maybe? :B

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I am kinda wondering if these conventions at this point are just blizzard and their fans getting together and laughing at people who can't afford high speed internet.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
dragongit said:
The expansion is targeted for a December release last I heard, and we know how good Blizzard is at meeting deadlines. So they'll have plenty to talk about as far as what they plan to include in the game; not to mention that they'll probably unveil the opening cinematic during The Opening Ceremony if they don't reveal it beforehand. As for Diablo 3, it is slated for at least one more expansion before they're done with it. So it's entirely possible they might announce something related to that.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Good for their charity benefit and all, but that initial $200 ticket price for a convention of one company with three major franchises just reinforces my opinion that Blizzard is far too full of themselves.