League of Legends' Next New Champion is Braum, The Heart of The Freljord

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
League of Legends' Next New Champion is Braum, The Heart of The Freljord

W: Stand Behind Me[/B]
Braum leaps to the aid of a nearby ally, positioning himself between his target and their nearest enemy champion, and granting both Braum and his target bonus armor and magic resist based on his total armor and magic resist.

E: Unbreakable
Braum raises his shield in a target direction, negating the damage from the first attack from the shield's direction and reducing the damage of all subsequent attacks as long as the shield is raised. Braum intercepts projectiles with Unbreakable, causing them to hit him and then be destroyed. He also gains a minor speed boost until he lowers his shield.

Braum certainly looks like an interesting champion for those who prefer the "offensive" supports such as Leona and Taric (as opposed to "sustain" supports such as Sona and Soraka).

Source: Riot Games [http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-reveal/braum-heart-freljord-revealed]

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
He is going to be ridiculous if you have any AD carry that gets a Runaan's Hurricane...suddenly 60% of the team is stunned, or in 3v3's the whole team is stunned and by the time they recover, 4 more shots have gotten off, or they are dead

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Had to do a double take of his E. Thought it was a fully functioning Yasuo Wall at first. Now that would've been bullshit. It does have some nice utility though. As an added plus, he looks like the first properly Mobile aggressive support in the game. Glad they're evening it out.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Shaidz said:
Major Alex Louis Armstrong, what are you doing in the League?
Participation on the Fields of Justice has been passed down in his family for generations! But yes, my first thought on the reveal was "Someone recently watched Fullmetal Alchemist!"

Shaidz

Jul 8, 2012
Vegosiux said:
Shaidz said:
Participation on the Fields of Justice has been passed down in his family for generations! But yes, my first thought on the reveal was "Someone recently watched Fullmetal Alchemist!"
God, i hope they make a Armstrong skin, sparkles and all.

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
Vegosiux said:
Shaidz said:
Yes! Everyone knows that battles between great heroes is an Armstrong family tradition! That and imbuing poros with the power of moustache! This needs to be a skin o.o

Chinchama said:
He is going to be ridiculous if you have any AD carry that gets a Runaan's Hurricane...suddenly 60% of the team is stunned, or in 3v3's the whole team is stunned and by the time they recover, 4 more shots have gotten off, or they are dead
Re-read the passive, after concussive blows goes off there is a moderate cooldown before it can be applied to the same target. So no chain stunning. Also come on, you act like there isn't less ridiculous aoe stuns? Veigar's aoe "stay here" button? Sona's ult?

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Had to do a double take of his E. Thought it was a fully functioning Yasuo Wall at first. Now that would've been bullshit. It does have some nice utility though. As an added plus, he looks like the first properly Mobile aggressive support in the game. Glad they're evening it out.
His E does use the same 'logic' as Yasuo's Wind Wall, but instead of 'delete projectile', it makes him take the hit and stops it from travelling further. he can stop his carry from taking autoattack hits, etc, and an ez ult stops when it hits a shielding Braum.

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
This guy looks so fun. He's a true tank, a meatshield for the squishies which is a first for LoL. But since his passive, W & E are all designed to work for or in tandem with nearby teammates, and his wave clear and damage are nonexistent, he's not going to function at all outside of the support role that I can see. Shame, I'd love to have jungled him.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Well now, this looks like something right up my nooby alley. A support that just has to tank up and shield the ADC from harm while occasionally stunning the enemy? I'll be waiting for the Champion Spotlight with baited breath.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Vegosiux said:
Shaidz said:
He is the manly man that you want your champion to be like.

OT: Finally! A good support that can actually do stuff for his team. I've wanted one of these since that Angus joke was made a couple years back.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I'm confused a bit here, did they announce all of his skills except the ult or is it just missing from the article? Other than that, Braum sounds like he could be a strong support tank but I would need to see him in action before judging. That passive sounds really strong but he doesn't have any initiation like Taric, Leona, or Thresh unless it is the missing ult.

Edit: Actually looked at the Riot article that has his ult and that deals with my main concern for the new champ, basically has an ult like Nami's that slows after the pop up.

PMAvers

May 27, 2009
LostCrusader said:
I'm confused a bit here, did they announce all of his skills except the ult or is it just missing from the article? Other than that, Braum sounds like he could be a strong support tank but I would need to see him in action before judging. That passive sounds really strong but he doesn't have any initiation like Taric, Leona, or Thresh unless it is the missing ult.
Looks like a copy-pasta error on the article.

It's supposed to be:

R: Glacial Fissure
Braum slams his shield into the ground, sending out a huge long-range skillshot that knocks up and damages all enemies caught before leaving behind a strong slow field.
And yeah, that looks like his signal for go-time.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
LostCrusader said:
His ultimate is Glacier Fissure.

R: Glacial Fissure

Braum slams his shield into the ground, sending out a huge long-range skillshot that knocks up and damages all enemies caught before leaving behind a strong slow field.