SOE Delays All Access Subscriptions Launch to April 29th

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
SOE Delays All Access Subscriptions Launch to April 29th

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that it will be pushing the launch of its planned All Access subscriptions to April 29th to allow for more testing.

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that it will again be delaying the launch of its planned All Access subscription model. SOE had initially intended to launch the new subscription model on April 2nd. This date, however, would eventually be pushed back to April 16th only to be followed by a second postponement that moved the service's launch back once more to <a href=http://2p.com/5700897_1/SOE-All-Access-Program-New-Launch-Date-is-April-23-by-Wei.htm>April 23rd. Eager fans had understandably hoped that this would be the end of delays. That said, the company, speaking yesterday in a <a href=https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?threads/the-revised-soe-all-access-program-faq.11500063040/page-9#post-11500341112>forum posting has revealed that the subscription plan's start is being delayed at least one more time.

"In an effort to ensure that the transition to the new All Access membership plan is as seamless as possible, we are going to be taking a little more time to test," said SOE. "We will be pushing the launch date of All Access to Tuesday, April 29th." The company also affirmed that this delay could prevent it from completing "any individual game updates" to games included in the All Access portfolio. These could include EverQuest, EverQuest II, Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online. Updates to these games should "resume normally after the All Access launch."

Originally announced <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131085-Sony-Online-Entertainment-New-Subscription-is-All-Access>back in January, the All Access subscriptions (once they actually go live) will give SOE customers total access to all of the company's MMOs. Costing only $14.99 a month, it's SOE's hope that full access to the entirety of its numerous popular and prominent titles will help to entice new customers and keep current ones coming back for more.

Source: <a href=https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?threads/the-revised-soe-all-access-program-faq.11500063040/page-9#post-11500341112>Sony Online Entertainment

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Quick question, does this subscription include things like Premium for PS2?

Also, am I reading this right? This encompasses subscriptions for all their games for just $15?

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:

Also, am I reading this right? This encompasses subscriptions for all their games for just $15?
I doubt anything is supported on the PS2. But yeah. $15, and you get full access to EQ, EQ2, PLanetside 2, and DC Universe Online.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
kyosai7 said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:

I doubt anything is supported on the PS2. But yeah. $15, and you get full access to EQ, EQ2, PLanetside 2, and DC Universe Online.
PS2 as in PlanetSide 2 lol. Also, most of those are completely F2P so we already have access. But if we get the benefits of premium benefits for F2P games, then this is a good deal. Well it would be if I had ever played anything SOE ran besides PS2

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
kyosai7 said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:

PS2 as in PlanetSide 2 lol. Also, most of those are completely F2P so we already have access. But if we get the benefits of premium benefits for F2P games, then this is a good deal. Well it would be if I had ever played anything SOE ran besides PS2
Yeah, you get all the benefits as if you were a "Premium"/"gold"/whatever member. Also, if you're sick of WoW like MMOs, and want a real hardcore MMO that doesn't hold your hand, you can't really beat EverQuest. Over the years there's been stuff added to try to compete with Blizzard's juggernaut, but that classic MMO is still there. EQ2, on the other hand, is what I refer to as "WoW done right", and quite possibly the best MMO I have ever played. Enough convenience so you can just log on and do a couple of quests in an hour, but so much stuff packed in you can lose days. Building/furnishing a house, collecting things, tradeskills (complete with full level progression), a fully fleshed out trading card game...

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
That's a pretty good deal. I remember that back in the day they had something similar called the "Station Pass". But it was more than 20 dollars I think.

Gezzer

Jul 7, 2012
Well that's just great.
I decide after playing the ESO beta that I'm going to give playing MMO's a break for awhile, like a couple of years or so, and then I find out about this. Thanks a bunch Sony, you really know how to hurt a guy.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
This is great news. £9 a month for premium membership in all of their games.

That's Everquest, Everquest 2, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, LoN, Dragon's Prophet, DC Universe Online, AND Everquest Next/Landmark.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Uh, haven't they had this for years with the station pass? I don't remember too well what that is, but I think it was pretty much the same deal, right?

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I was going to read this article, but then the title, summary, and first sentence said pretty much the same exact thing. There's only so much repetition one man can take.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Would be nice if Sony at least acknowledged my island's existence, you know since it's practically in between the Uk and Ireland and is part of the UK anyway...

You know then maybe I might actually be able to buy the sub for PS2 or at least this new one if you'd fix that for me so I don't have to jump through any sort of hoop..