The New Sin City 2 Trailer Is The Hammiest Thing Ever

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
The New Sin City 2 Trailer Is The Hammiest Thing Ever

The new clip for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For proves the troubled denizens of Basin City won't be serving up a kosher meal any time soon.

Lest we forget the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Spider-Man, and X-men aren't the only big comic book movies coming at you in 2014, Sin City 2 wishes to remind you that a return to Frank Miller's demented city of degenerates and killers is also in our future. And so it is that a brand new 60 second spot has been released.

Differentiating this trailer from the one released in March [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132734-The-First-Sin-City-2-Trailer-Solves-Hollywoods-Aging-Problem] is that where the previous one emphasized sleazy coolness (and success in the war on aging!), this new one wants you to know that Sin City is the hammiest place on earth. Like, if you created a Voltron-style robot by combining Gary Oldman, Brian Blessed, and William Shatner, the robot's power source would be this movie.

Not that I'm complaining. The extremely stylized aesthetic of these films only works if naturalism is thrown completely out the window. Hell, the Sin City universe practically begs for Powers Booth's "power is a... fragile thing!," and Christopher Meloni's "YER ASKING FOR IT!!!!" as just how you answer the phone. I'm still not convinced this movie shouldn't really have come out in 2007 or 2008, but I'm a bit friendlier to its existence. Even if, come on, dubstep in 2014?

Just a sidenote: I happen to love disco. Now, before you mock me, disco was a huge, diverse genre far more interesting and complex than haters insist. Seriously, if you don't think Giorgio Moroder [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kw-X1dNuzI] is a genius you're clearly not a serious music fan. (YEAHISAIDIT.) But when you watch film and television from the late 70s you kind of get why there was a huge backlash against it (aside from the homophobic and racist undertones of course). That tiny subset of disco we now consider the cliche somehow got all over everything, even becoming the backbone for everything from film scores to incidental music on bad television shows. As a result, those shows date way more hilariously than other period work that used less generic sounding music. Dubstep hit that point in 2011, and it's only getting worse, even if there's no backlash this time. (We're a lot less fighty about music these days, probably a good thing.) Get ready for kids in 2027 to laugh uproariously at half the media made these days.

Anyway, are we excited yet about this movie? Or is it just going to disappear under the 10,000 ton juggernaut that is (probably) Guardians of the Galaxy?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
You know, I loved Sin City's style more than anything else. This appears to be more of that, so I'm not going to complain.

Also, was that the late-Michael Clark Duncan in there?

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
This movie had to be shot in green screen because all the scenery was chewed up during rehearsals! Heyooo!

Disco and Funk, that's where the flavor gets high!

Also ditto on the dubstep. I thought it was over as a serious pump up music when Borderlands 2 masterfully used it with it's tongue-in-cheek ClapTrap teaser.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
TheMemoman said:
This movie had to be shot in green screen because all the scenery was chewed up during rehearsals! Heyooo!

Disco and Funk, that's where the flavor gets high!

Also ditto on the dubstep. I thought it was over as a serious pump up music when Borderlands 2 masterfully used it with it's tongue-in-cheek ClapTrap teaser.
God dammit, why the hell didn't I think of that joke!!!111???

And yes, but then Borderlands 2 has been a constant study in how to do many, many things masterfully.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
This movie was fucked from the outset. The original was fun, but that's because it was written by 80's Frank Miller (The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Ronin) whereas half of this one is new stuff my modern Frank Millar (All Star Batman and Robin, Holy Terror).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's about time that they made the rest of the graphic novel into the film but from the look of it, it pretty much more or less the game but with annoying dubstep music for the trailer.

NachoKingP

Aug 9, 2013
The Gentleman said:
You know, I loved Sin City's style more than anything else. This appears to be more of that, so I'm not going to complain.

Also, was that the late-Michael Clark Duncan in there?
No it was Dennis Haysbert.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Aside from the awful music (fortunately no Inception BWAAAHs though) it seemed okay. And is this the second Frank Miller adaptation sequel this year starring Eva Green? The other being 300 2: Sea-hundred.