The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Episode 3 Gets Release Date, Trailer

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Episode 3 Gets Release Date, Trailer

You'll be able to help Clementine get out of some more trouble on May 13.

Fans of Tell Tale's The Walking Dead series have will only have to wait until next Tuesday for the latest episode of season 2. The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 3 'In Harm's Way' will be available on the PC on May 13, with the other platforms to follow shortly after. Accompanying the release date was a trailer, which does contain spoilers from Episode 1 and 2, so watch at your own risk.

Those who have been keeping up with the series will know that at the end of Episode 2, Clementine and her group found themselves captured by a brutally violent new leader - William Carver, who is portrayed by none other than Reservoir Dogs' "Mr. Blonde" - Micheal Madsen. From the looks of the trailer, your group is then put to work under the iron thumb of Carver, and Episode 3 will revolve around trying to escape.

Episode 3 will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation®Network for $4.99 USD individually, or as part of a season pass option including access to episodes as they are released. On PC/Mac, the episode will be available as part of a season pass, and also available on the iOS App Store as part of a season multi-pack, or for $4.99 USD as an in-app purchase within The Walking Dead: Season Two application.

While not quite as hard-hitting and impact-full as Season 1 was, Season 2 of The Walking Dead has still nonetheless still provided some memorable moments.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Eh, I really don't know if I'm going to bother with Season 2 anymore. So far it's been extremely uneventful, with characters (apart from Clem obviously) that I really don't give a shit about.

Maybe all the talent that worked on Season 1 is too busy with The Wolf Among Us.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I have a feeling I'm gonna be playing this just so I can reach the last ten minutes.
Casual Shinji said:
Eh, I really don't know if I'm going to bother with Season 2 anymore. So far it's been extremely uneventful, with characters (apart from Clem obviously) that I really don't give a shit about.

Maybe all the talent that worked on Season 1 is too busy with The Wolf Among Us.
But, but [HUG KENNY]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nouw said:
Casual Shinji said:

But, but [HUG KENNY]
Yeah, about that...

At first I was like, "Oh hey, it's Kenny! Finally a familiar face. And it looks like he turned over a new leaf." But as the episode progressed I could feel his dickish, paranoid side emerging again. And in the preview for Episode 3 you can see him already back to his old self, with him judging you on your mistakes. If they went through the trouble to bring Kenny back, make him a nice guy now that'll always have your back. Otherwise he'll just be another asshole to throw on to the pile.

By Episode 2 of Season 1 we already had a great cast of memorable characters, and some great surprises and tense events. We also had the heart of the story with Lee and Clem. In Season 2 I can't even till you the names of anyone besides Clem.

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
Nouw said:
Casual Shinji said:

But, but [HUG KENNY]
Yeah, about that...

At first I was like, "Oh hey, it's Kenny! Finally a familiar face. And it looks like he turned over a new leaf." But as the episode progressed I could feel his dickish, paranoid side emerging again. And in the preview for Episode 3 you can see him already back to his old self, with him judging you on your mistakes. If they went through the trouble to bring Kenny back, make him a nice guy now that'll always have your back. Otherwise he'll just be another asshole to throw on to the pile.

By Episode 2 of Season 1 we already had a great cast of memorable characters, and some great surprises and tense events. We also had the heart of the story with Lee and Clem. In Season 2 I can't even till you the names of anyone besides Clem.
You just need to learn to let go, they died man and it wasn't your fault. Just let go man.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Weird how the feel of this thread is all judgmental. We're only on episode 2 of this game, and IMHO it's a bit unfair to compare the whole of season 1 to a part of season 2.

Season 2 seems to be focusing on different themes such as isolation and coping with loss where as Season 1 was all about morality, and coming of age post apocalypse. They're already had some damn fine moments in the series and I think it's only bound to get better as the tension slow cooks to perfection (just like it did in season 1)

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I just want another season of Sam & Max, or Back to the Future, or even Hector: Badge of Carnage.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Nouw said:
Casual Shinji said:

But, but [HUG KENNY]
Yeah, about that...

Even so, the decision about where to sit was one of the hardest. I guess we'll have to see what actually happens in the episode to see what he is really like.
Casual Shinji said:
I agree with you but I can't help feel that this can be attributed a little to the fact that Season 2 is telling a different story. Things are much less stable and building relationships aren't so straight forward as when you were Lee. I do think they could have done a better job but at the same time I do see a compelling story.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
It's not as eventful as the first season, but I will still go through it 'till the end regardless.

I already am half way in so why not see this how it will eventually end. Hopefully this episode will be longer, because the episodes from Wolf Among Us are way too short.

Dyan

Nov 27, 2009
I'm actually liking this season more than I did the first, mostly because I just find Clem to be a much more interesting character than Lee was.

I think the perspective of a child character lends itself to a lot of interesting possiblities, I guess we'll see. Also, does anyone have any ideas on what's up with the episode 4 select screen? I hope to god Clem isn't going to end up joining some wierd cult

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Dyan said:
I'm actually liking this season more than I did the first, mostly because I just find Clem to be a much more interesting character than Lee was.

I think the perspective of a child character lends itself to a lot of interesting possiblities, I guess we'll see. Also, does anyone have any ideas on what's up with the episode 4 select screen? I hope to god Clem isn't going to end up joining some wierd cult
While I agree that the child perspective is an interesting one, I don't think that the game is really taking advantage of this very well. The group that Clem is with now seems to treat her with just as much authority as they would have with Lee. The grown-ups seem to be delegating all of the dangerous, leadership jobs to Clem for no reason other than "she's the player character".

There's an abandoned house? Clem why don't you go in there alone and unarmed to find food for me

Generator needs shutting off? boy it sure looks complicated. Only Clem can solve this puzzle! *turns key and pushes button*

I need a wingman to help me cross this dangerous, rickety, possibly zombie filled bridge. It has to be Clem that comes with me!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still really enjoying Season 2 so far and I'm looking forward to where it's going. It just seems really weird and unlikely how much trust and reliance the group has on the little girl that just a few days/weeks (the game isn't clear in its timeline) ago was locked in a shed because they thought she was bitten.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
I'm really digging Clem as a character in Season 2, but I agree that the new band of survivors are mostly unlikeable idiots. They're not even at each others throats in a Lilly-vs-Kenny kind of conflict, they just... make really stupid decisions. I'm hoping things will pick up in this episode.

Also, is it wrong for me to be more excited about Wolf Among Us?

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Nouw said:
I have a feeling I'm gonna be playing this just so I can reach the last ten minutes.
Casual Shinji said:

But, but [HUG KENNY]
I can understand how some people like the appearance of Kenny in the sense that it gives some closure to whether or not he was dead, and also some happiness that not everyone died from season 1, but to me, Kenny was a dick in the first game, and clearly hasn't changed a bit. Actually I think Kenny's a little farther down on the dick-scale, but I'd rather not use that kind of profanity in a public forum. Seriously though, as Lee, I chose to save a certain person's life in Ep. 2 and Kenny NEVER forgave me. Instead, he hung me out to dry every chance he got. Lee's getting attacked by a walker or something equally threatening, and Kenny just stands there watching, waiting for Lee to die. I tried to make up with him the best I could but he was ALWAYS sour to me, just because I wouldn't murder a certain someone in cold-blood in front of Clementine.

Oh, and of course he's still a jerk. As Clementine, I was bonding with Alvin and Rebecca a lot during Ep2, what eventually happens? Kenny goes on a shooting spree in a hostage situation and gets Walter and Alvin killed. Only when Clementine is in danger does he finally act like a sensible human being. But even THEN, in the preview of the next episode he's scolding Clem for giving up. Yes, scold her Kenny. I chose to give up so no one would get killed, but he "remedied" that choice rather quickly.

I can understand why Katjaa did what she did; it's probably a side-effect from being married to a guy like that. :p

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Gonna have to agree with what seems the general consensus: Season 2 is good, but it just isn't as good as season 1. Unlike with Lee, i just don't feel any kind of attachment to the characters. Also, it seems as if episode 2 was just a big waste of time: We spend 90% of the episode running away from Carver, but get captured anyway. Apart from getting Kenny back, what did we really achieve?

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
Steve Waltz said:
Nouw said:
Casual Shinji said:

But, but [HUG KENNY]
I can understand how some people like the appearance of Kenny in the sense that it gives some closure to whether or not he was dead, and also some happiness that not everyone died from season 1, but to me, Kenny was a dick in the first game, and clearly hasn't changed a bit. Actually I think Kenny's a little farther down on the dick-scale, but I'd rather not use that kind of profanity in a public forum. Seriously though, as Lee, I chose to save a certain person's life in Ep. 2 and Kenny NEVER forgave me. Instead, he hung me out to dry every chance he got. Lee's getting attacked by a walker or something equally threatening, and Kenny just stands there watching, waiting for Lee to die. I tried to make up with him the best I could but he was ALWAYS sour to me, just because I wouldn't murder a certain someone in cold-blood in front of Clementine.

Oh, and of course he's still a jerk. As Clementine, I was bonding with Alvin and Rebecca a lot during Ep2, what eventually happens? Kenny goes on a shooting spree in a hostage situation and gets Walter and Alvin killed. Only when Clementine is in danger does he finally act like a sensible human being. But even THEN, in the preview of the next episode he's scolding Clem for giving up. Yes, scold her Kenny. I chose to give up so no one would get killed, but he "remedied" that choice rather quickly.

I can understand why Katjaa did what she did; it's probably a side-effect from being married to a guy like that. :p
Alvin dying is actually completely your fault. Kenny will only shoot if you sit and do nothing to stop him at all. If you surrendered then you can save Alvin but shouting for him to stop shooting or to get into the line of fire, Carver will then knock out Alvin and grab Clementine instead.

If you went with Kenny then he'll only shoot if you're silent or you tell him to shoot. I totally understand why Kenny shoots, he has no idea what Carver was going to do. For all he knew Carver was about to line people up and shoot anyway so he fired in an attempt to save his friends.

For Kenny getting pissed off at you? I doubt that'll actually happen Telltale likes to change stuff and most players were not happy that Kenny suddenly treats you like Lee for some reason.

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
ServebotFrank said:
Steve Waltz said:

Alvin dying is actually completely your fault. Kenny will only shoot if you sit and do nothing to stop him at all. If you surrendered then you can save Alvin but shouting for him to stop shooting or to get into the line of fire, Carver will then knock out Alvin and grab Clementine instead.

If you went with Kenny then he'll only shoot if you're silent or you tell him to shoot. I totally understand why Kenny shoots, he has no idea what Carver was going to do. For all he knew Carver was about to line people up and shoot anyway so he fired in an attempt to save his friends.

For Kenny getting pissed off at you? I doubt that'll actually happen Telltale likes to change stuff and most players were not happy that Kenny suddenly treats you like Lee for some reason.
Oh wow!
I checked back and you're right, Alvin isn't dead on my file. He just got knocked out. I yelled out for Kenny to stop and then I heard a pop and saw Alvin hit the floor and I thought he was killed. The gunshots in that game all sound like corks popping so I couldn't differentiate between a gunshot and a pistol whip, apparently. Just now, I played through again making the same choices and afterwards I saw Alvin sitting next to me! :D I guess I was too pissed at Kenny to notice him sitting there the first time through. Either way, that argument is a little flawed in the sense that, after Walter was shot Carver told Kenny to give up or he would shoot someone else. Kenny didn't listen and darn-near got Alvin killed (or does get killed depending on the choices).

Even though I feel a little better knowing Alvin isn't dead on my file, I still find Kenny a jerk from everything that happened in season 1. I tried being his friend and taking care of his family, but he refused to make amends because of what happened in Ep. 2, and would constantly try to get Lee killed over it. But thanks for letting me know Alvin was still alive, I'm pretty happy about that. :)

Saying it's "completely" my fault is pushing the term though. It's not "completely" my fault that I missed the bus if the bus driver was 5 minutes early. Sure if I made the choice to arrive 5 minutes early I would have made the bus, but it's still mostly the bus driver's fault to initiating the problem. I just wanted a peaceful solution, but Kenny starts a shoot out and refuses to end it until someone HE cares about it in trouble. Extremely selfish man. To quote Carley: Kenny needs to "Take a page from Lee's book and help people for a change."

And that last part, well, we'll see in 3 days. :) I really can't wait. I'm apparently one of those in the minority that likes the second season just as much as the first.

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
Well, this just made my week. I can't wait to be emotionally traumatized again. ^^