New Trailer For Transformers: Age of Extinction

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
New Trailer For Transformers: Age of Extinction

Maximum Bayhem, extreme Wahlberging and giant robot dinosaurs

Paramount International has made the second full trailer for Michael Bay's Transformers: Age of Extinction available online.

While the film's full storyline is still being kept secret (your guess as to why is as good as mine), this new trailer offers a better sense of certain rumored plot-points; primarily the premise of the government and/or a renegade corporation discovering how to construct Transformers of their own. This is in some way connected to humanity having turned against and aggressively persecuted the robots, leading to Mark Wahlberg apparently having to convince Optimus Prime that we're still worth saving from a yet-unidentified alien threat.

The trailer also offers a bit more footage of The Dinobots, fan-favorite characters making their first live-action appearance. A portion of the film is also set (and was filmmed) in China, which along with an "Eastern" influence seen in the armoring of various new characters (Prime and The Autobots have all recieved design overhauls supposedly to make them more visually distinct from one another) has led many to speculate that all or some of the humans' "bootleg" Transformers will originate there. Chinese actress Li Bingbing's character has been described as "CEO of the Chinese Transformers."

Transformers: Age of Extinction is scheduled to be released on June 27th.

Source: Paramount [http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersageofextinction/]

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Not sure why this movie is getting any hype, they might have given the designs an overhaul but it's probably still going to be one of the worst movies of the year since it's still being made by Michael Bay and is a movie based on some old crappy toys :p. I am looking forward to the reviews though, probably going to be entertaining as always. I'm probably getting too old for this, might explain my cynicism or maybe i've just learned my lesson about Michael Bay and big spectacle movies.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
As badass as Optimus Prime riding a Dino-bot into battle is, it's not going to make the movie itself any good. We will have to wait and see if this is just going to be another Transformers 2 or not

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Well, the action looks a bit easier to follow with less camera shake and having the robots with more distinctive colors.

If the action is good I may enjoy watching, I never saw the third because the second sucked in that area (especially for a movie that action is all it has going for it).

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
Me Grimlock kick butt!

Of course, it's going to be awful, like every Bay production since a Bad Boys.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'm sorry but what:

THE GUY HAS A SWORD GUN!?, this is what we've finally come to in the Transformers movie franchise...a sword gun for humans.

Well if I've learned anything over the past 5 years it's to just get over it and watch the movie anyway, it's not like we'd get anything in the quality style of Transformers Prime:

At least Transformers Prime was made by the same studio that brought you Dead or Alive, the game about tits giggling and asses flying fighting game, that proved they could do more than T&A.

I know I'm going to be disappointed though if I find out Galvatron isn't Megatron but instead a transformer that was either built or manipulated by humans and doesn't transformer into some sort of gun turret (then again there's the one with the facegun which could be him)

I am however digging Grimlocks new design, it's certainly massive and menacing and his robot mode kind of gives him a Samurai look too.

doxydejour

May 14, 2014
It looks good. Better than the other live action films by far. The plot seems a little Dark of the Moon but that's not a bad thing, Wahlberg and the two other leads look competent, and if all else fails then ROBOT DINOSAURS. A popcorn movie, sure, but a live action Transformers film will never be anything different.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Still completely on the fence as to whether this is actually going to be worth a damn or not. Although, that bit at the end of the trailer where Grimlock shows up was entirely awesome, so perhaps this WILL be at least fun to watch as a spectacle.

As a Transformers collector, the actual quality of the movie itself doesn't really matter to me that much. Either way, the toys have actually been pretty awesome.

Lets take a little compare and contrast against the Grimlock of old vs what he looks like now.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I honestly cannont wait for this, Lockdown is a Mo'fucking BEAST. Also you can see Drift to the left of the screen when Grimlock Breathes fire!

And Hound (The bot with the beard of Wires) Is voiced Bby John Goodman...JOHN. GOODMAN. That automatically is a plus for the film. Along with no Shia.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
josemlopes said:
Well, the action looks a bit easier to follow with less camera shake and having the robots with more distinctive colors.

If the action is good I may enjoy watching, I never saw the third because the second sucked in that area (especially for a movie that action is all it has going for it).
Don't let the second film fool you like it did so many. DOTM is a great film, especially if you like Transformers as it shares a plot similar to that of one of the first G1 episodes.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I'm sorry but I can't get hyped about this. As "pretty" as the trailer looks, we've been bamboozled too many times by this series to expect it to be good. If this fourth installment turns out just as bad as the last one, if not worst (which would not only be amazing but further proof that the people behind this have zero fucks to give about this franchise or its audience), I will not hesitate to say "I FUCKING CALLED IT!"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Video is set to private. Sad face.

Slaanesh said:
I think this is the one, for anyone looking.
Ah, thank you good sir.

Yes, this looks better than the other three. I do like the redesigns because I can actually tell who is who in the fights now. Or, at least I will be able to once I know who everyone is.

I still think that, if I was Optimus, I would just walk up to the villain and go, "Yo, this planet is yours. We've saved these people three times from invasion, enslavement, and death, and they've repaid us by hunting us down and murdering us. So let me just grab my things, borrow one of your ships, and we'll be out of your hair. Have fun."

That part at the end, where Optimus takes out two enemy robots in a few seconds, that was cool. That's what a Transformers movie should be.