Watch Morgan Freeman Narrate on Helium for Science Channel Show

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Watch Morgan Freeman Narrate on Helium for Science Channel Show

The distinguished voice of the veteran actor gets a makeover for the fifth season of Through the Wormhole, which returns on June 4.

When you think of Morgan Freeman, you can picture him in dozens of movies, such as Lucius Fox in the Christopher Nolan Batman films, God in Bruce Almighty, or as Red in the Shawshank Redemption. His relaxing baritone has been used to narrate numerous films and documentaries, from March of the Penguins to Conan the Barbarian to War of the Worlds. But one thing you probably hadn't visualized is the distinguished actor narrating a show ... on helium.

The Science Channel made him do just that for the next season of Through the Wormhole, a science documentary on the universe and its mysteries. And while the sound is comedic and unexpected, it fits perfectly with his introduction to the episode on the unexpected effects of gravity in unusual places.

What makes this intro even more funny is Freeman trying hard to stifle a laugh after he does his second intake of helium. Check it out for yourself.

Source: Entertainment Weekly [http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/22/morgan-freeman-on-helium/]

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
That's fantastic. Something about a voice actor as famous as Morgan Freeman doing it makes this great.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Luckiest balloon ever! Being able to take away the famous voice of Morgan Freeman. That balloon is probably thinking "oh ya, I'm awesome" in that clip.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Now if only it could be done with Brian Blessed, but against so much HAM, I guess even helium just run away whimpering.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008

Morgan Freeman, the amazing voice, on helium.

Now I want to hear the likes of littlekuriboh on helium as well.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, I saw him try to not laugh while on helium. They must have done dozens of takes to get that right, after everybody on set was done laughing.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Magnificent in the extreme. Any other famous voices done things like this? David Attenborough, maybe?