Netflix Summary Bug Creates Movies We'd Love to See

harpere

May 20, 2014
Netflix Summary Bug Creates Movies We'd Love to See

This Netflix bug teases us with strange movies we'd love to watch.

Bugs are usually a source of frustration rather than entertainment, but we think Netflix had a winner with their recently-fixed summary bug [https://twitter.com/netflix/status/469336146305351680]. This bug jumbled Netflix's descriptions for movies and television shows, creating a plot summary that read like it came from a particularly bizarre parallel universe. Take this summary of Terminator 2: Judgement Day as an example: "A reprogrammed Terminator arrives from the future to protect young John Conner from a relentless, shape-shifting cyborg gumball machine."

Even if you haven't seen Terminator 2, you probably know that summary is a little fishy - but you can't say that you wouldn't tune in to watch the life-and-death struggle between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Servo. Hollywood, if you're looking for box office gold...

While the summary bug is sadly no more, you can relive its glory days by checking out the Netflix's recent price hike [http://summarybug.com/].

Source: Summary Bug [http://summarybug.com/]

harpere

May 20, 2014
With the hijinx Goofy gets up to, it's a wonder he hasn't already. Probably a tad bit dark for a Disney animated feature, though...

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Taylor Swift's arrival as a global doomsday device? XD Also, the tortoise and the hare professional wrestling match.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
'An accident traps the Rangers in the Megazord cockpit during Christmas Eve. Time will tell if they can escape and assassinate Hitler.'

I'd watch.

Sep 14, 2009
ahhhh I wish you could opt into keeping the bug, kind of like facebook's "pirate english" you can turn on and off.

this is hilarious, like fallout bug level hilarious.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fans of the Recess gang can follow along as the kids graduate from the fourth grade to the fifth, all while learning, dealing, and Satanic Worship.
Huh, I guess I must have missed that section from Recess when I was a kid. My god, those religious extremists were right, the shows of our youth did promote anti-Christianity. XD

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Man this bug is really funny.

I just love the Power Ranger, Recess and the Terminator ones.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
These are gold.

Someone tell an executive in Hollywood to greenlight some of this stuff for a movie release. I might watch movies more if something like the Terminator one was made into a movie.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
The only challenging question about this is do we hire Troma or Asylum to make these films?

Also, your supposed link to the SummaryBug Twitter goes to Netflix's post about fixing the bug instead. Might want to fix that.