Battlefield: Hardline Leaked - New Title With SWAT Theme - Update

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Battlefield: Hardline Leaked - New Title With SWAT Theme - Update

EA has confirmed the existence of Battlefield: Hardline and is set to officially reveal it on June 9.

Update 2: We've received word that the Battlefield: Hardline QA tester who leaked the gameplay video you'll see in the prior update, has been fired [http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefieldhardline/comments/26olyx/ive_just_been_fired/].

Update: Neogaf has gotten its hands on some leaked gameplay footage [http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1x9p9b_battlefield-hardline-bande-annonce-gameplay_videogames?start=3] for the upcoming title. EA has claimed that the footage is from an internal-only build of the game that is over six months old, and it has improved much since then.

[gallery=2572]

Original Story: In this world of hardcore dataminers, there is pretty much nothing game developers can hide from the internet anymore. This time, a substantial Battlelog update were datamined to reveal a whole bunch of assets for an upcoming Battlefield title: Battlefield: Hardline, which will have a cops-and-robbers style urban combat theme. What's more, rather than just throw up the bog standard "we don't respond to rumors" response, PR has confirmed the game's existence, throwing up an official website [http://www.battlefield.com/hardline] and teasing a June 9 official reveal.

The datamined assets include weapon, vehicle, gadget and ribbon artwork, as well what the four classes will be (Operator, Mechanic, Enforcer, Professional) the two teams (S.W.A.T and Thieves), and at least two of the game modes ("Blood Money," and "Heist"). Check them out below:

The dataminers also found data suggesting that this will be another cross-generation title, meaning it should be released on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and of course, the PC.

It looks to be a fun twist on the standard super realistic military shooters that Battlefield has become of late. Although, some of the biggest draws of Battlefield are the fun, high-tech military vehicles and gadgets, so I'm wondering how well this one will fare with the absence of jets and tanks.

We'll have more info after the official June 9 reveal. But in the meantime, check out Andrea and Escapist News Now on the topic:

[video=9282 autoplay=0]

Source: NeoGAF [https://twitter.com/BFDaily/status/471277762905657345/photo/1]

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Oh my god, a battlefield game I would buy!

Seriously though, I love police themed games, and would play the shit out of this.....as long as it isn't as buggy as battlefield 4 was.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
They should focus on fixing Battlefield 4 before pushing out another buggy messy game.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
I heard this one is made by Visceral and not DICE? I love DICE, but this makes me more interested in seeing what are they gonna do.

Though, is it too late to make a new IP instead of attaching the Battlefield title to it?

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Earthfield said:
Though, is it too late to make a new IP instead of attaching the Battlefield title to it?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It is sort of odd to set a Battlefield game on something that isn't a war torn battlefield.

Still, the idea is intriguing enough. Let's just hope they actually execute on it well rather than releasing a buggy mess.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
MysticSlayer said:
Earthfield said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It is sort of odd to set a Battlefield game on something that isn't a war torn battlefield.

Still, the idea is intriguing enough. Let's just hope they actually execute on it well rather than releasing a buggy mess.
Did anyone else get a Battlefield: Payday vibe when reading the article?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Madame_le_Flour said:
So... we're not doing a next gen Battlefield 2143 then?
No?
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy...
I hear you.

That said Carrier Assualt takes some of the pain away.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Now EA's ripping off Payday and slapping the Battlefield name all over it?. Stay classy EA.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
call me a tiny bit interested. as long its not a buggy mess as bf4, which i gave up playing, this could be a fun game.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Well this has been rumoured for quite a while so this isn't surprising. The police theme is quite a cool twist on the formula, so I might check this out as long as they do it properly and it isn't a buggy mess like BF4. Count me interested.

I also heard rumours at one point that this was being developed by Visceral, which is interesting.
SupahGamuh said:
Now EA's ripping off Payday and slapping the Battlefield name all over it?. Stay classy EA.
Because Payday is the only cops 'n' robbers game that's allowed to exist, right? ¬_¬

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Glaice said:
They should focus on fixing Battlefield 4 before pushing out another buggy messy game.
This isn't developed by DICE, it's Visceral Games, known for Dead Space and The Godfather. It's also probably been in development long before BF4s launch, which means they're not just gonna throw away a game they've been working on in order to fix bugs for another developer.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Hixy said:
I play battlefield 4 on PS4 every day it isn't that buggy that is totally exaggerated, it is definitely in a playable condition at this stage and has been for several months. There is a bug where the one player campaign won't save which does annoy me because I need to do all that to get multiplayer guns. This would be a big problem if you only wanted the campaign but I imagine that describes very few people. Other than that everything else is manageable.

OP: This on the surface at least, sounds like it would have much less to offer than BF4. I would be interested in this as BF4 add on. I would need convincing of it having substantial content to buy this.
play it on pc. thats were pretty much most of the complaints are. its so bad that its unplayable. thats why i gave up entirely on this game. sure wasted my money on this crap.
but at least i have titanfall. this works flawlessly.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well, when EA announced that Medal of Honor was getting killed, I predicted that EA was about to start releasing Battlefield games every twelve months.

I hate being right.

Between this, BF4 continuing to be generally awful and BF2 getting switched off, it looks like 2014 is the year Battlefield dies. That it managed to resist EA for fourteen years is impressive in itself, but that only makes it even worse, it's like losing a family pet.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That does sound pretty interesting to me, as long as it, as has been said, won't be released as a buggy mess.

The picture with all the vehicles quite surprises me, actually. Bigger than I expected. But it does make me suspect one thing; awesome bank robber chase sequences! Now that would be awesome.