Mark Sheppard Joins the Supernatural Cast as a Regular in Season 10

harpere

May 20, 2014
Mark Sheppard Joins the Supernatural Cast as a Regular in Season 10

The King of Hell returns as a regular in Supernatural season 10.

Though we've seen a lot of Mark Sheppard in Supernatural - he's been in 34 episodes since he first appeared in season 5 - he's never been a regular. In fact, Sheppard's never been much of a regular on anything, making brief but memorable guest appearances in shows like The X-Files, Firefly, 24, Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who. However, we're glad he's settling down with Supernatural for season 10, and not just because he looks great in a suit. (Though it's definitely partially because he looks great in a suit.) While this doesn't necessarily mean we'll see Sheppard's Crowley in every episode, we're certain to see him on more than just special occasions - a sure sign that Crowley's key to season 10's plot, though that was a bit of a given considering how season 9 wrapped up.

Returning as a regular character in season 10 is Misha Collins, playing Castiel who's an angel... or a human angel... or, well, we can't keep track anymore, but Collins is always an entertaining addition to the Supernatural lineup. No word yet on whether Felicia Day will be continuing her role as Charlie this season, but we live in hope.

Source: A.V. Club [http://www.avclub.com/article/mark-sheppard-finally-settling-down-supernatural-s-205074]

Sep 14, 2009
fuck yeah, after finally catching up and watching the finale last week I'm glad he's sticking around, he plays his character amazingly and I enjoy his sense of humor on the show.

btw captcha needs to fuck off, I've gotten 3 time warner cable indoctrination spams in a row now, they aren't even in my area (thank god).

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
I adore Sheppard and this news was fantastic, but it's worth mentioning that Collins was added as a regular and still only appeared in a little over half the episodes. I expect we'll get a little more Sheppard, but as much as we would hope with the "regular" title. Still, it's good to know he will likely stick around through the end of the season, especially since it's also likely the end of the series.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I honestly stopped watching after season 5. It felt like the story was over and had concluded satisfactorily. Maybe I'll go watch the other seasons once the show is actually done but for now I'm content with my first 5 seasons box edition.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Supernatural has changed a lot from when it started. I'll be honest: I preferred the "monster of the week"-episodes over the story arcs. Pretty much from the beginning, but back then the main story episodes were actually rarer. Plus, it got weirder and weirder as time went on. However, it's still a good show, especially thanks to characters like Crowley and Castiel and some of the political maneuvering going on. Yeah, I really didn't expect that to happen, but Crowley in particular is a very good character and his actions add much needed complexity to the often too simplistic demons (just like some rare other episodes add dimension to recurring monsters, but Crowley obviously gets a ton more time to do so).

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Anyone who has been watching the show is now thinking "He wasn't a regular already?" Seriously, how is this news? For most of the last season he was practically part of the team, and the most frequently recurring villain for many seasons before that. It's like announcing Sam Jackson will officially be a regular in the marvel movies.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I stopped watching after season 5 but Crowly was always one of the best thing about the show.

But can someone explain to me how they continued the show after the winchesters defeated the literal Devil, who was trying to bring about the apocalypse, because the reason I stopped was because I was sure they would find no way of topping that.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Crowley has only been in around 30 episodes in four seasons (ten each in season eight and nine). Castiel only appeared in about eleven episodes of season nine, and he became a regular at the beginning of that season. So, Sheppard being announced as a regular won't really affect his number of appearances, but it basically confirms that he is a central part of the series.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sigfodr said:
Crowley has only been in around 30 episodes in four seasons (ten each in season eight and nine). Castiel only appeared in about eleven episodes of season nine, and he became a regular at the beginning of that season. So, Sheppard being announced as a regular won't really affect his number of appearances, but it basically confirms that he is a central part of the series.
I'm just glad Sheppard and Crowley are still around.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
That was expected, after what happened at the end of this season.
And the guy is awesome, he's great at playing the cool bad character :)

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Excellent! So far he only one of two characters on the show who spen a significant amount of time around the Winchester brothers without finding a way to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
I really like his performance as Crowley so far, and lately it's been really been Sheppard's Crowley and Collins' Castiel that's supplied most of the humor in the series. I'm happy to see he's now counted as a regular, and I'd love to see Felicia Day's character Charlie return for a few more episodes too (as her episodes have been among the most entertaining).

In short: I think this good news :)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
I stopped watching after season 5 but Crowly was always one of the best thing about the show.

But can someone explain to me how they continued the show after the winchesters defeated the literal Devil, who was trying to bring about the apocalypse, because the reason I stopped was because I was sure they would find no way of topping that.
I love Crowley, so this is good news, then again I think one of the good things about the character is that he doesn't appear every episode, then we have to wait for his witty puns and when he arrives you know that it's a good episode :D

Let's we won't get "too much" of Crowley now

There are some minor spoiler I think in here.

First it went more back to the hunt monsters thing, I can't remember season six too well but basically they hunted down the "Alpha" of every monster, the first monster of every breed.
Then purgatory was opened and a lot of different monsters, including the first creatures God created were realeased into the world.
Then they tried to find a way to seal the doors to hell, that got turned sideways and instead another angel desides to use the brothers and castielle to throw down every angel from heaven except him (he uses a similar ritual as winchesters but on heaven in stead of hell), then he started to juice himself up with the angel tablet(s) (not sure if those introduced already in season 5?) which basically makes him God. They try to find a way to get the angels back to heaven, so basically half of the angels side with Cas and the other with Metatron (the angel who "goes God") and they start a angel war on earth.

That's 4 seasons in a nutshell

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
I wonder for how many seasons supernatural can actually keep doing the exact same story before enough people finally give up on watching it? I still watch it because what the hell else am I going to do on a thursday evening but it´s a real weird show in that it is just so bad but it still keeps pretty high quality when it comes to other things besides plot.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Atrocious Joystick said:
I wonder for how many seasons supernatural can actually keep doing the exact same story before enough people finally give up on watching it? I still watch it because what the hell else am I going to do on a thursday evening but it´s a real weird show in that it is just so bad but it still keeps pretty high quality when it comes to other things besides plot.
I quit the moment the leviathans showed up. It was just too ridiculous. I miss the monster of the week with a slow story arc. This was basically post-Buffy Buffy until they took themselves too seriously. Even Buffy only had one season where they did that (Season 7).

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
I don't watch Supernatural, but I'm absolutely glad Sheppard finally gets a role as an actual regular. He's been in so many series to this day, almost never getting more than a handful of episodes.