Mortal Kombat X Revealed in New Trailer

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Mortal Kombat X Revealed in New Trailer

Scorpion and Sub-Zero duke it out in next-gen Mortal Kombat X announcement trailer.

Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat, [a href="https://twitter.com/noobde/status/473453798242136064"]tweeted[/a] the official announcement of Mortal Kombat X with a two-minute trailer. The new installment in the series is expected in 2015 and is "fueled by next-gen technology" according to the Youtube description.

The trailer features Mortal Kombat icons Scorpion and Sub-Zero battling in a forest to Wiz Khalifa's original track "Can't Be Stopped". The trailer is simple, with a clean, brutal fight between the two warriors that grows increasingly vicious. It shows off the gorgeous visuals as well as the x-ray visuals from the last Mortal Kombat and uses of the environment in combat similar to Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Ed Boon has been teasing a new game from [a href="https://twitter.com/noobde"]his twitter[/a] and the official Mortal Kombat [a href="https://www.mortalkombat.com/us/"]page[/a] has been updated with Mortal Kombat X pre-order links. The site states that the game will be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and PC.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Wow what a horrible trailer I managed 45 seconds before the... noise? annoyed me enough to stop.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Oh my, oh my...I need this game now, especially if the game is on par or better than mortal kombat 9!

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
Mortal Kombat 9 was awesome here's hoping we don't have to wait forever for a PC release hey Ed Boon.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Magmarock said:
Mortal Kombat 9 was awesome here's hoping we don't have to wait forever for a PC release hey Ed Boon.
Well, apparently MK9 and Injustice both sold well enough to annouce PC right away this time so it is likely that it comes pretty early as well.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
That music started off interesting, but ended up distracting noise.

Putting rap into trailers to seem 'hardcore' is so 2000's the same way heavy metal in trailers was 'hardcore' in the 1990's.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
That trailer is something special. I love how Sub Zero picks up the sword only to lose it half a second later without even swinging it once. Then he just seems to go "Oh well, back to punching." Throw in Scorpion not pulling the weapon off his belt until Sub Zero is already dead and I just have to wonder what the hell they even bother having them for. The silliness of Mortal Kombat is never to be obscured with anything that is serious or makes sense, and that's why I enjoy it; it knows what it is and sticks to it.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Absolutionis said:
Putting rap into trailers to seem 'hardcore' is so 2000's the same way heavy metal in trailers was 'hardcore' in the 1990's.
Why not? I think most rap songs sound like ass but I think it fitted into this trailer better than emotional music in trailers for games with a high amount of action.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
So that trailer was fun up until they started the rap song it ruined the trailer for me :/

I wonder if we will get Cyber Ninja Scorpion this time it would be fun :D

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I have no idea how to feel about this trailer. It feels like Dead Island all over again: An incredible trailer, but unless you can hook characters arms when they throw punches, or grab items from the stages and whatnot, I don't think it will be anything more than just another pretty looking fight game, which in this day and age, Isn't enough to hold my interest (Unless they bring Freddy Krueger into this one...)

Otherwise, trailer was awesome, and I'm not going to complain about the Rap song, it actually suited the fight instead of being too obnoxious to me, anyway, and I'm not somebody who probably likes Wiz Khalifa (I don't know what his most popular song is, that's how little I know of him). It's better than Skrillex's "Reptile", anyway.

Cool trailer, though. "Get over here!", indeed.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully they fixed the net code so there won't be online lag like MK 9 for PC has. Thankfully I have it for PS 3 as well so I don't mind it that much. Really looking forward to this one.

Coming off of an all night Super Street Fighter 4 binge really makes this game look that much more brutal and unrefined in fighting style.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Yey a new mortal kombat!

But dear god I hope they drop the rap for the future, it totally took the Ooomph away from the trailer :/

Actually no I take it back, maybe rap can work but just this song was a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE fit for mk action.

Not a big fan of whatever genre this music is but here is the song used for trailer/media related purposes when showcasing the mk deadly alliance, It fits MK and the action shown a lot better then the mk10 rap song does.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
who ever had that choice of music should probably be fired. rap is great in more calculated more build up based scenes, a fighting scene is no place for it. specially mortal kombat who is known for techo music in their background.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Music was good until the vocals (if you can call them that) came in. As for the graphics, they looked cool, but it takes more than FMV sequences to astound. If they say this is the quality we can expect in-game...I'll start laughing. Nothing about the "bullshot" culture has engendered that sort of trust and expectation.

As for preordering...not doing it. Neverrealms is better than Capcom, in that I am generally more pleased with the end product, and there is more content for the money. However, they ripped me off on Injustice. I bought that game AND the Season Pass (only time I have done so). It was a total scam, a waste of money. The season pass didn't include several characters, and precious few of the alternate costumes.

Instead, Injustice comes out with a full edition months later, and I am morally opposed to paying any more for the content. They made more than their share on Injustice, so they are paying for it with the new MK. Assuming I buy it at all...it'll be bargain bin for me.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Magmarock said:
Here's hoping that IF it get a PC release, it's a well optimized one*.

OT: It looks really nice, if it's as good as MK9, then bring it on!.

*Before I get flooded with replies like the last time I said it's unoptimized, the game needs to work on a steady 60 fps and for that, it needs a quad core CPU, it didn't work on my dual core CPU and I know it's badly optimized, because Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition runs flawlessly on the same configuration.

CAPTCHA: No crying in baseball. STFU captcha, I'm not in the mood >:C

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
So... is this supposed to continue on from the last Mortal Kombat (i.e. Nine)?

Because I seem to remember most of the MK roster being dead when it ended.

Like, A LOT.

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
For anyone who couldn't stand the music here's a version synced to MK's "Techno Syndrome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGDiBnU6GAo

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Shit-tastic music aside...

Hooray! More Mortal Kombat! :D

I may not be the greatest MK player that there ever was, but damn is it super fun to play. The trailer was pretty fun to watch, and I'm glad my buddy Scorpion won. :D

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Would have preferred a new Injustice game to a new MK game but this could still be decent. That said, they badly and I mean badly, need to get the game closer to "correct" on the first try as the repeated patching of MK9 absolutely killed that game. The reason was that you knew there wasn't any point in developing some cool new trick because someone else would ***** about it and a week later the developer would patch it out. So innovation gets stifled and what innovation exists gets stomped out.

Obviously there are tons of exceptions where patching is needed but I tend to fall into the 'Wait and see' camp whenever possible. Overreacting with patches is, other than simply being not Capcom games, what has probably harmed MK9 and Injustice (which learned a bit about patching too much from MK but still not quit enough) in terms of staying power and community development more than anything.