Sony Takes the E3 Experience to the Army

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Sony Takes the E3 Experience to the Army

Sony visits Fort Riley, Kansas for a three day gaming event, starting with its E3 press conference.

Not everyone can make it to E3, but Sony is bringing their show to the troops next week at Fort Riley, an Army base in Kansas. The event is "a way to both honor and entertain our service men and women," John Koller posted on the [a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/03/salute-to-our-troops/"]PlayStation blog[/a] today. The Salute to Our Troops event kicks off on Monday evening, starting with Sony's press conference, and continues through Wednesday. Sony chose it's PlayStation truck from the Road to Greatness tour to Fort Riley thanks to its significant gaming community, which boasts a dedicated gaming area in the base recreation center, the Warrior Zone.

The truck will bring the chance for both military personnel and locals to try out upcoming PlayStation 4 games. The posts also states that there will be contests and giveaways during the event, which will close on Wednesday with a concert from country music artist Brett Eldredge. The concert will also be viewable through Sony's Live Events Viewer app for fans that aren't in the area.

The event is open to the public, so anyone can attend and get in on the Sony hype next week if they are nearby. If you aren't local to Kansas, the Road to Greatness tour is an ongoing event across most of the country and you can check the schedule [a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/24/playstations-road-to-greatness-tour-schedule-revealed/"]here[/a] to see if the PlayStation truck will be near you.

Source: [a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/03/salute-to-our-troops/"]The PlayStation Blog[/a]

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
the image says "A salut to our troops", however Sony being Japanese company that would mean they are saluting Japanese soldiers, however this takes place in Kansas in what i can assume is US controlled fort. so yeah, kinda silly though being done here.

Also, by E3 Experience do they mean lies and teases? because thats what happened last year at E3.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Do army types even follow E3? I guess some must do but are there really that many?

Also do they not have internet in Kansas or something?

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Nice of a Japaneese company to show some respect to foreign troops <_<. The 'Our' part is a bit confusing though, saying 'your' could be misleading.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
verdant monkai said:
Do army types even follow E3? I guess some must do but are there really that many?

Also do they not have internet in Kansas or something?
Well I don't know about the Army, but I know someone in the Air Force who does. I was also going to make a Kansas joke about being in the middle of no where, but once you been to Cannon AFB (Clovis NM) I can no longer make that joke.