Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix Gets Release Date and Trailer

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix Gets Release Date and Trailer

Kingdom Hearts returns to PS3 on December 2nd in North American, December 5th in Europe.

Almost nine years after the original release, Kingdom Hearts II comes back in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix. Similar to the 2013 release of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, the collection includes the previously Japan-only remake Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

The new PS3 exclusive package also includes HD remastered cinematics from Kingdom Hearts Re:coded as well as new cutscenes, weapons, and mini-games and a graphics overhaul for both Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

The trailer shows off cinematics and gameplay from the compilation and closes with hints towards Kingdom Hearts III, which Square Enix announced at E3 last year. According to a [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134422-Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2-5-Remix-Tops-Square-Enixs-2014-Development-List"]briefing earlier last month[/a], Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix will be Square Enix's biggest release between now and the end of the year. Since this is dubbed the "E3 2014 Trailer" for the new collection, it seems likely that Square Enix wants to use as much time they can at E3 next week to talk about other projects and maybe their success relaunching Final Fantasy XIV.

Square also released some new screenshots from all three titles included in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, some of which we've attached below.

[gallery=2624]

Source: [a href="http://www.kingdomhearts.com/"]Kingdom Hearts website[/a]

Edit: [a href="http://kotaku.com/square-enix-says-not-to-expect-final-fantasy-xv-and-khi-1587011860"]Square Enix has said[/a] that there will be no info about Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV at E3 this year. This post has been edited to reflect that information.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Well I guess it'll be a nice Christmas treat to see MANvsGAME suffer through this later this year.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
I would like it to go on record that I am officially stoked for this.
Thank goodness I haven't finished alot of 1.5 HD remix yet, it will hold me over for this game. Until then I want to at least collect all the trophies.

Can't believe that not only are we getting KH2FM but BBSFM to? Upscaled no less? It truly will be Christmas for me this year.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
This, and 1.5, were the main reasons I bought a Ps3, so, color me hugely wanting and interested. Kinda sucks that I need to wait for a week or two after my birthday to get it, but, I'll survive. As for Kh3, wish they'd officially state what consoles they plan on releasing it for and whether or not they plan on re-releasing 1.5 and 2.5 (call it 2.75? Fuck if I know, marketing could do a better job.) on the systems in question, draw in a whole new crowd of gamers who might've missed it. I know I only played it because we were renting a game for the weekend and my mom wanted a game my 3 year old(At the time.) brother could enjoy watching, so she took the one with Disney characters. We bitched and moaned but the opening cinematic was all it took for us to get hooked. We had a blast from beginning to end. In our circle of friends(about 15 people overall in the region.) not one of us could beat Sepphiroth, then I did, became local kid legend...Ironically I then used Sephiroth as a leveling method, because it was hard and fun after I'd beaten him once. It's funny to look back on things like that.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Cool. I own Birth By Sleep, but I never got around to playing it because I just didn't like holding the PSP and now my brother took it with him when he moved out. Looking forward to finally sitting down and playing it. Also looking forward to playing Kingdom Hearts II again with the new content. I heard that it fleshes out some of the Roxas backstory much better.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Birth By Sleep HD and Final Mix voiced cutscenes? Yes please! Easily put 100 hours into BBS on the PSP (That's what happens when you go for the secret ending on normal, not realizing you have to 100% almost everything, lol), so can't wait to do it again. The release date is a bit unfortunate, but it'll make for a good Christmas gift.

The only thing I'm not exactly looking forward to is probably the non stackable trophies regarding difficulty. In 1.5 remix, beating the games on normal did not count as beating the games on easy. Something tells me they are going to do that again.

Which reminds me, I still have to finish Re:com on 1.5 remix. Got a bit caught up in Tales of Xillia at the time.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
And just like that I cannot wait. The Kingdom Hearts series has been one of the most fun RPGs I've ever played! December can't get here fast enough.

Also, does anyone know the name of the song playing in that trailer? It was suitably epic!

Arcobalen

Aug 17, 2011
I'm looking forward to this so much. After having my last PS3 stolen, I haven't picked up another. This may make me do just that.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'm really happy for this.
Dreadman75 said:
And just like that I cannot wait. The Kingdom Hearts series has been one of the most fun RPGs I've ever played! December can't get here fast enough.

Also, does anyone know the name of the song playing in that trailer? It was suitably epic!
It's the orchestral version of Simple and Clean. It plays during the credits at the end of KH2.

I can't wait for this! I haven't bought 1.5 yet simply because I'm hoping to get a package deal for both. KH2 is my favourite of the series.