Dragon Age Inquisition Gameplay Trailer: Step Into The Light (Update)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I am liking what I am seeing.
It looks nice, and judging by the combat it might play nice.
Now tie it up nicely with less loading screens, better story and characters and we will be mostly good on my part.

Well ... except one damn thing.
Where is my duel wielding warrior!
You better have it Inquisition, you better have it!!!

The few seconds might have been it, or the rogue.
Even so, I wish I had some clear evidence to prove that it will be in the game, or my Inquisitor will never truly exist.

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
I'm guessing someone broke NDA?

PS. nevermind, they broadcast it on Twitch? God damn PR people ... you're mostly selling these games to cantankerous 30+ year old misanthropes like me Bioware, don't make me chase a live version on twitch or fop me off with some rip.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
I don't like the "chosen one, cursed by destiny" stuff. One of the good things about DA so far is that you were always just the kind of ****-up that happened to be full of murder. Special curse powers are just. ugh.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Not really that much gameplay though, no? I mean the attack animations were nice.. But.. Uh.. That was about it. Oh well, still looking forward to this. Liked the other two DA so far.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Howdy do Leliana.... what trouble have you been getting upto?

Thanks for the vid

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I enjoyed the style of that more than I expected. And it's nice to see some of the characters from that survey from way back when - I'd always wondered if those were real, so I guess they are!

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
EA you might want to look up Gameplay, because it doesn't mean what you think it means.
Anyway the combat doesn't look much better than the horrible DA 2 combat, so i am most likely going to pass.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Dragon Age Inquisition Gameplay Trailer: Step Into The Light (Update)

Will you yield?

Read Full Article

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
MCerberus said:
I don't like the "chosen one, cursed by destiny" stuff. One of the good things about DA so far is that you were always just the kind of ****-up that happened to be full of murder. Special curse powers are just. ugh.
Agreed, that trope is hopelessly overused as a gimmick to give someone a "superpower".

Still, it's the characters that make or break one of these games for me. The little combat we saw looks fun, though I mostly play tactical.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Well color me excited. Graphics are a huge step up, and from those animations it looks like combat is going to be a refined version of the flawed but promising system in 2 rather than listening to the howling of the vocal minority and going back to the glacial, dated slog that passed for "combat" in DA:O. Not sure glowing hand curse can carry a story but I will withhold judgment on that front until I know more.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Was that FemShep at 0:52, or just a character that looked exactly like "my" FemSchep at least.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
They've definitely gone for a Dark Souls feel for this trailer.

I'm unsure of what to think, DA2 was a disaster so I'll probably wait for the reviews to be out before I pick it up, even though I really really enjoyed Origins.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I am much more excited about this than I am about Mass Effect. I admit Dragon Age II had its problems, but I still have fun playing it and still have faith in the series.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this apparent new dodge ability. That reduces Dragon Age combat from tactics to hack-n-slash. And are we ever going to touch The Darkspawn again, or are they just pretending they aren't there anymore?

Anyone else have serious sound problems with the third video?

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
I am much more excited about this than I am about Mass Effect. I admit Dragon Age II had its problems, but I still have fun playing it and still have faith in the series.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this apparent new dodge ability. That reduces Dragon Age combat from tactics to hack-n-slash. And are we ever going to touch The Darkspawn again, or are they just pretending they aren't there anymore?

Anyone else have serious sound problems with the third video?
Yes, the third video is pretty messed up.

I didn't notice the dodge function too much in fact, didn't even know about until you mentioned it. However, as long as it can be calculate into the isometric view and the enemies react accordingly, I think it can be seen as just another strategic option.

Squeaky

Mar 6, 2010
endtherapture said:
They've definitely gone for a Dark Souls feel for this trailer.

I'm unsure of what to think, DA2 was a disaster so I'll probably wait for the reviews to be out before I pick it up, even though I really really enjoyed Origins.
Perils of the warp i guess.. oh wait. That really didn't show off the combat all to well and yeah looked like a happy dark souls. I was hoping this was going to be a refined Origins styled combat. Hopefully the story trailer (when there is one) shows what the premise of the characters/threat is about... looks like another Bioware 3rd in the series game is going to be a bit meh.

Peaceful Winter

Jun 7, 2014
I see that bioware decided to rip off the combat system of dragon's dogma/dragon's dogma dark arisen . Now I am truly interested in Dragon Age Inquisition ,(good job bioware you got my attention). Now let's just hope that the xbox 360 version of this game is not buggy/glitchy as hell.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Eleuthera said:
Was that FemShep at 0:52, or just a character that looked exactly like "my" FemSchep at least.
Actually, I think that was the Seeker lady from DA:2 who was asking about what happened with Hawke. Casandra I think.

Don't know who does her voice though.