Lara Croft Returns in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Lara Croft Returns in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer shows that Lara has a new hobby after the last game.

Read Full Article

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Adam Jensen said:
My prayers have been answered. I wanted this announcement so much! I hate that title though.
It is a bit crap, but it could have been worse. Like Tomb Raider: Reckoning or Tomb Raider: Dawn of Justice Tomb Raiding

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Title could use some work, although honestly, after calling the reboot just "Tomb Raider"..eh its a step in the right direction, at least its not just "Tomb Raider 2" so they can continue to confuse the audience about previous games in the series. Still i suppose it sort of fits if this is the game where Lara Croft actually becomes Lara Croft, tomb raiding, treasure hunting and all.

Other than that, 2015..long wait and this better not be some "exclusive" thing.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
A-D. said:
this better not be some "exclusive" thing.
It's going to be as exclusive as The Witcher 3. Meaning that it will be available on at least 3 systems at the same time.
By this i mean timed-exclusive or "platform exclusive DLC" etc, the whole usual spiel that annoys the crap out of me. I sincerely doubt its going to be Xbox exclusive given its Square we're talking about here. But yeah the whole timed-exclusive stuff is worse when you have to wait X months or whatever to play with the same stuff the others already have.

Also, cut the stupid Multiplayer out and dont do the same shitty DLC again, then we're golden.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
"rise of the tomb raider"?
Got to admit I laughed out loud when I heard that. I'm sure the game will be good though.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
They really missed the opportunity to call this "The Tomb Raider Rises". I'm going to wait for gameplay to see whether I'm hyped or not like most of the new game announcements at the conference.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
YEEEEES!

Oh, thank you, thank you! It's going to be a long wait though...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I have to admit, I was hoping that next Tomb Raider will feature a more confident and cocky Lara like she used to be in the old games. But it looks like she's not there yet. I'm still excited though.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
loved the first one on PS3 and hope this one will be just as amazing..who wants to bet it will be 1080p on PS4 and 720p on xbone like every other multi-platform game, lol

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Seriously, fuck modern games' naming conventions. That isn't Tomb Raider 2.

http://tombraiders.net/stella/images/timeline/tomb_raider_2_box.jpg
ToastiestZombie said:
They really missed the opportunity to call this "The Tomb Raider Rises".
Or "Tomb Raider Raids Again."

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Rise of the Planet of the... Tomb Raider.

Also, time travel 'n shit. Did I mention APE Lincoln?

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I, for one, cannot wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider: Lara Croft v. PTSD: Dawn of Justice. Bring it on.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Tomb Raider was the best game in the series. That is saying a lot, all things considered. Reboots can very rarely pull that off these days.

That being said, for the love of god. That title, man.

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
Why is she wearing a hood while talking to a psychologist?

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Adam Jensen said:
I have to admit, I was hoping that next Tomb Raider will feature a more confident and cocky Lara like she used to be in the old games. But it looks like she's not there yet. I'm still excited though.
Personally I think that's good. You don't go through shit like she did in the first game and come out 'okay'. There are far too many protagonists in games these days that just shrug those sort of things off with 'meh' or 'I MUST HAVE REVENGE!' reactions.

Also I hope they drop the bow (to a certain extent, it had its place as a weapon of convenience in the reboot after all), and give Lara her true signature weapons back.