Infamous Standalone DLC Out This Summer

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Infamous Standalone DLC Out This Summer

Infamous: First Light introduces the first female protagonist of the series: The superpowered Fetch.

Infamous: Second Son showed that the series could support more central characters than Cole MacGrath. Now Sucker Punch hopes to do the same with an all-new standalone DLC called Infamous: First Light. Due to launch this summer, First Light introduces the first female protagonist of the series: Abgail Walker, who Second Son fans will remember as the neon-controlling Conduit Fetch.

The teaser trailer doesn't offer a lot of details to start with. Fetch is trapped in a remote prison, presumably for the superpowered beings, while an interrogator attempts to learn of "unimaginable" events she experienced. This could be in reference to the events of Second Son, but the First Light title implies this is Fetch's origin story. There also is a brief reference to her brother, who died prior to Second Son, teasing a possible central arc for the DLC.

We'll post more information as it develops.

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/e3-2014]

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I do like how the inFamous DLCs tend to work as completely separate games that you don't need the original to play. Kind of reminds me of Blood Dragon in a way.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
See, I like the female protagonist part, but I was really hoping for some new powers in this. We might, but this girl has neon only powers, she can't absorb them like Delsin. Kinda bums me out.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Elfgore said:
See, I like the female protagonist part, but I was really hoping for some new powers in this. We might, but this girl has neon only powers, she can't absorb them like Delsin. Kinda bums me out.
I'd hope she at least has some new neon stuff. I don't remember her showing any in Second Son (unlike Eugene, who had his avatar thing), but its a possibility. It would also make Delsin seem less ridiculous if he's shown as "User of all, master of none" and is obviously not as proficient as the real conduits with their own powers.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Seth Carter said:
Elfgore said:
I'd hope she at least has some new neon stuff. I don't remember her showing any in Second Son (unlike Eugene, who had his avatar thing), but its a possibility. It would also make Delsin seem less ridiculous if he's shown as "User of all, master of none" and is obviously not as proficient as the real conduits with their own powers.
At the very least she had some sort of continuous beam attack that Delsin couldn't do.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
To be fair the new powers weren't really new for the most part. They were simply reskinned versions of Cole's powers. It's a shame really, because that game could have been a reason (amongst other possible future reasons) to get a PS4 some day.

It would be nice to see a new superhero IP that actually does justice to the powers of the characters. Prototype is really the only one to have done this. Infamous had potential and is still a fun game, but the end product does feel uninspired.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Oh how lovely.
We are going backwards than going forwards.

[sub][sub]Don't worry, I have no problem with a female protagonist or Fetch.[/sub][/sub]

For me, the Infamous SS story was quite underwhelming, especially the ending.
I include the powers with this, because they seemed quite similar in style or how they work.
I did not mind Deslin, but he pushed me the wrong way, even after the game finished I kept talking to myself about how they could fix this.

With large DLC expansions, which not only grant new powers and areas ... but they also include a grand story arc.
I would have planned three.
The first directly somewhat after the ending and connecting to the prison and prisoners.
The second, the true "Second Sons" which is a secret government organization or something.
The third, the ultimate fight of "Your" Deslin Vs Opposite karma Delsin. The prize, Cole's powers.

Now that ... I would have been happy with.
Yet with this shit they go a step backwards giving us prequel DLC, which was pretty much explained in the game. I did not even care to learn about the backstory since it seemed so hush-hush about it.

I'm sorry, but Sucker Punch are quickly losing my loyalty for this and Second Son in general.
I am even thinking about trading the game in ... even though it is my only PS4 game. :/

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Not exactly what I thought they'd do DLC wise...I'll buy it regardless hoping she has some nice tricks as I'm well accustomed to her powers (she has the best).