Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Review: The Drama Keeps Going

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Review: The Drama Keeps Going

After binging our way through season 2 of Netflix's OItNB, we're happy to report that the show doesn't disappoint.

Read Full Article

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
*SIIIIGHHH*

no Netflix....

I LOVE this show (and Alex....)

I;d recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
While some of her supporting characters outside of prison aren't that great I would argue that Piper is the most compelling character in the show. She has undergone a lot of change throughout the show and her current pickle of "I hate what I have become, but I also hate who I was before" is really interesting, imo. I love all of the characters, sure, but I still like her the best.

Lord Hosk

Dec 2, 2011
This was a great review and a great season. I felt that season one started on a similar vein where the prisoners were people and we got little glimpses of who they were, but then it devolved into what you would expect a tv show about a womens prison to be, look boobs lesbians and sex with the guards over and over and over, the character development just stopped and everyone became sex objects. This second season returned to those great things, yes these women are prisoners but they arent all terrible people, they are criminals but that doesnt make them evil. I like that the show portrays them to be people who made a bad choice or choices. I also really appreciate that it shows a thread of mental health issues, not all the prisoners are crazy but some of them are clearly there because they dont have a firm grasp on reality and in the united states so frequently people who need mental help instead get prison.

So many interesting characters, back stories, and sub plots really make this season so much deeper than what the first season ended up with.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Season 2's greatest accomplishment for me was making me like Piper again. By about halfway through the first season I'd stopped caring what happened to her, and when Alex told her to leave her alone I could have cheered. From what happened in season 2 though, I think you were probably meant to. She's completely lost herself by the end of season one and her returning as somebody likeable and I wanted good things to happen to was a triumph for the show.

Now just another agonising twelve months wait for season three

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Haven't gotten a chance to watch the second season due to Orphan Black, House of Cards and Game of Thrones taking up most of my television viewing time. But when I get to it I know I'm going to binge watch it in two days especially after all the awesomeness I read in this review!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Great show, great cast, just great things all around. I can't say anything bad about this show, nor do I want to. Love it, every minute of it both for its humor and drama.
Damn it Netflix, why you make me like a show and then make me wait a whole frickin' year to see more? The wife and I binge-watched season two the day it was released. Its stuff like this that makes me absolutely sure that streaming is going to replace networks in the near future. Hell we just got rid of our cable box because we realized we haven't turned it on for over six months.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
I'm probably in the minority, but I just felt like Vee was a terrible antagonist. She was just so....one-dimensional and predictable I guess would be the way I'd describe her. I do like that Piper isn't so much the center of the universe anymore, and they did a good job of making the secondary stories interesting. But the main conflict of the season just didn't resonate with me.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
When Rosa runs over Vee I could not stop laughing and then she said how rude Vee was and it just left the ending on a happy note that was enjoyable.

The entire season was fun I binged it over the past 3 days and enjoyed every min of it and cant wait for season 3 and hope it keeps the steam going that's held the first 2 seasons.