Pac-Man Joins Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pac-Man Joins Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

Waka waka waka your way to victory with Super Smash Bros. newest confirmed character.

Read Full Article

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Holy shit, I love Pac-mans use of Galaga's traction beam in his moveset and pretty much his moveset in general.
I can't wait to play him.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
I just got in trouble for cursing and yelling because I couldn't believe what I'm seeing.

Now this is a battle of old school icons: Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Pac-Man. Honestly, I'm okay with Snake not making it if we get frieaking Pac-Man.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
So Pac-Man... just got confirmed... for Smash?

Not an entirely unexpected reveal for me, but most certainly a welcome one. And as the trailer implies, the quad-fecta is now complete. The four biggest names in old-school gaming, all under one roof. My colon swells with anticipation.

Incidentally, the fact that Mr Game and Watch showed up briefly is most certainly welcome in my book. But if he doesn't show up as a playable character, then this was the biggest cock-tease ever. Mr Game and Watch was my main back in Brawl, and I'd be severely disappointed if he doesn't come back this time around.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Leemaster777 said:

Not an entirely unexpected reveal for me, but most certainly a welcome one. And as the trailer implies, the quad-fecta is now complete. The four biggest names in old-school gaming, all under one roof. My colon swells with anticipation.

Incidentally, the fact that Mr Game and Watch showed up briefly is most certainly welcome in my book. But if he doesn't show up as a playable character, then this was the biggest cock-tease ever. Mr Game and Watch was my main back in Brawl, and I'd be severely disappointed if he doesn't come back this time around.
Game & Watch confirmed playable.

OT: Awesome, more characters in Smash is always great.

Still not buying the 3DS version though, you won't get me to double dip nintendo.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Leemaster777 said:

I so want to use that clip if and when they confirm Ridley for SSB. Still hoping for that one to come true.

Like yourself, I am overjoyed to see gaming's greatest icons are now in one game. I love that Pac-Man has a unique play-style but is using Namco's history of past games to give him a leg up on his opponents. As for Mr. Game and Watch's cameo at the end, I hope its a sign that he's coming back into the fold. He's definitely one of many SSB veterans I'd like to see return.

But I'm still deciding which of the following images is the most hype?

This one...

Or this one?

Maybe both. =D

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
The White Hunter said:

As far as I know, all news outlets are reporting that G&W is still currently un-confirmed. Do you have a link to proof?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Ok I think the ending of the trailer made me laugh way to hard because I was really rolling.

OT: Battle of the Icons at long last. Who will they announce next?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
The White Hunter said:

As far as I know, all news outlets are reporting that G&W is still currently un-confirmed. Do you have a link to proof?
http://www.destructoid.com/pac-man-confirmed-for-super-smash-bros--276404.phtml

At the bottom they say Game & Watch will be a playable fighter

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
CelestDaer said:
This feels like a huge troll to me... Why the hell would Pac Man be a playable character?
Well this is a game about taking some of gaming's most iconic icons and pitting them against one another in mortal combat. Pacman, while not nearly as popular today, is still one of the first ever gaming mascots and was quite popular for a long time. Not to mention Bandi-Namco are the ones co-developing Smash 4 so if they didn't have a character in the game I'd consider that weird. Plus, nothing's funnier than seeing the others running from his final smash at the end. :p

Hell, better than what happened with Pacman in the last fighting game he was in... >.>

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
Well, he makes more sense than the Wii fit trainer does. At this point, there's so many new characters that I get the feeling most people are beginning to sweat for the older ones to return.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I think he would've worked better as an Alt. Skin for Kirby. We already have one Omnivorous Orb, do we really need another one?

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
Neronium said:
CelestDaer said:
This feels like a huge troll to me... Why the hell would Pac Man be a playable character?
Well this is a game about taking some of gaming's most iconic icons and pitting them against one another in mortal combat. Pacman, while not nearly as popular today, is still one of the first ever gaming mascots and was quite popular for a long time. Not to mention Bandi-Namco are the ones co-developing Smash 4 so if they didn't have a character in the game I'd consider that weird. Plus, nothing's funnier than seeing the others running from his final smash at the end. :p

Hell, better than what happened with Pacman in the last fighting game he was in... >.>
True, though I think my reaction was more because I don't think of PacMan as solely a Nintendo property... so it felt weird to have him in a game made mostly of Nintendo properties...