Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Will Have Customizable Specials, Equipable Items

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Will Have Customizable Specials, Equipable Items

You'll be able to customize your Super Smash Bros. character by altering their special attacks, and equipping items.

Read Full Article

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Legitimately, I wonder if the fighting game community will use the special customization during matches....

...they probably won't, but it'd be funny/cool if they did.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
FillerDmon said:
Legitimately, I wonder if the fighting game community will use the special customization during matches....

No items, fox only, final destination is a meme for a reason unfortunately.

I like this though, being able to slightly mix up the characters style is good to keep people on their toes. I can imagine stuff like link having his normal boomerang, the gale boomerang or some other variation.

Count me in.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
rosac said:
FillerDmon said:

I like this though, being able to slightly mix up the characters style is good to keep people on their toes. I can imagine stuff like link having his normal boomerang, the gale boomerang or some other variation.

Count me in.
I know that's the meme, but still, you never know, ya know?

I mean, we never knew we'd get playable Miis, or freaking Pac-Man.

You're entirely right, and it won't depress me if they don't, since I'll still be sure as heck having fun. I just imagine something silly, like Mewtwoking winning with his Mii wearing High Heels of +ass kicking. Which would be just oh-so amazing.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I give it a week after launch at most before the forums declare which character equipment setup is the most psychotically overpowered.

Shayman

Mar 6, 2014
This is pretty cool, looking forward to playing around with all the character's abilities.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
rosac said:
FillerDmon said:

Count me in.
It's a meme but it's a false one. I've watched lots of smash stuff and while No items is a thing, In most tournaments which stage is picked is a major part of strategy as well as the variety of characters the challengers use.

Hell I usually see Fountain of Dreams and Breezys woods in tournaments by the major Smash players FAAAR more than Final Destination. Which is why I never got the joke.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Hey. Escapist newspeople, can we talk?

Whenever you feature something that isn't going to be part of the competitive or random online play, could you put a sentence in bold or underlines on the top so that people stop being jerks about it? Or are you just doing this on purpose now?