Code Name: STEAM is Nintendo's New TRPG From The Fire Emblem Team

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Code Name: STEAM is Nintendo's New TRPG From The Fire Emblem Team

Nintendo announced Code Name: STEAM as an entirely new IP for its secret 3DS title.

Read Full Article

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Looks bizarre and fun. I can get behind that. Especially since Conduit 2 left my Abraham Lincoln fighting alien dreams in the dust long ago.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
I'm not a fan of the character designs but seeing as it's Intelligent Systems I'd say there's a good chance that it'll play well.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
HA, this looks pretty damn interesting, keeping an eye on it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
a special force of heroes put together by president Abraham Lincoln to defend the world from alien invaders

Ok, where do I start shoving twenties in order to make this come out? And developed by the same people who made Super Metroid, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem? Yup, keeping an eye on this one.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
and people say Nintendo can't make new IPs. The battle system makes me think of Valkyria Chronicles and more steampunk is always welcome in my book. It's an aesthetic I wish more game would do.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
This game looks cool, I love turn based strategy, so count me in!

Aiddon said:
and people say Nintendo can't make new IPs. The battle system makes me think of Valkyria Chronicles and more steampunk is always welcome in my book. It's an aesthetic I wish more game would do.
People will continue to say it no matter how many new ones they make, which is annoying.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
This game looks cool, I love turn based strategy, so count me in!

Aiddon said:
People will continue to say it no matter how many new ones they make, which is annoying.
Because their tired, stale remakes will always outnumber any tiny amount of new IPs by thousands to one. And their new IPs tend to be shit. Then again, a lot of their old titles have become more and more shit as time goes on, so woo for the nintendo shitfestival.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Uriel_Hayabusa said:
I'm not a fan of the character designs but seeing as it's Intelligent Systems I'd say there's a good chance that it'll play well.
Yeah, I seem to be seeing that sentiment a lot with this game. Personally, I really like the artstyle.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
AuronFtw said:
Because their tired, stale remakes will always outnumber any tiny amount of new IPs by thousands to one. And their new IPs tend to be shit. Then again, a lot of their old titles have become more and more shit as time goes on, so woo for the [snipped] shitfestival.
Notice how by snipping the only context-providing part of your post, it could now be describing just about any developer on the market today. Opinions sure are great, aren't they?