Tales from the Borderlands - Remembering Butt Stallion

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Tales from the Borderlands - Remembering Butt Stallion

Who needs vault hunters when we've got liars and thieves?

Read Full Article

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The game needs more Butt Stallion. I always felt Gearbox missed out on a good laugh by not having Jack charge into battle on Butt Stallion at the end of Borderlands 2.

Dec 14, 2009
Telltale are my favourite devs right now, if they manage to pull off this Borderlands thing and the upcoming GoT, as well as awesomely finishing off TWD and TWAU, they stand a good chance of cementing themselves as one of the greats of this generation.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Daystar Clarion said:
Telltale are my favourite devs right now, if they manage to pull off this Borderlands thing and the upcoming GoT, as well as awesomely finishing off TWD and TWAU, they stand a good chance of cementing themselves as one of the greats of this generation.
Oh God, I completely forgot about the Game of Thrones game they're doing. Oh, man, I can't wait for that.

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Umm, Telltale already produced at least one train wreck: their Jurassic Park game was uniformly terrible, and their Back To The Future game was also a disappointment. Those were their 2 big games (along with Puzzle Agent 2) released back to back, the year before they got back in everyone's good graces with Walking Dead.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Telltales brilliant storytelling skills is EXACTLY what the Borderlands series needs.

Up till now it's been a series of great games with a bunch of great storylines and concepts that are picked up played with and then often tossed away before going anywhere.

If this is all canon, then maybe TT games will help give Gearbox just enough to build off of so that BL 3 will be perfect in both gameplay AND story.

I mean thats a freakin screen shot of Shade up there for gods sake, just one of dozens of amusing characters that showed up and was forgotten almost immediately after they went off screen.

I was almost certain he was just there for acting creepy, giving out missions in the first area of the Pirate DLC and cosplaying as Hunter S Thompson.

I can't wait to play this!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
beef_razor said:
This game just does not need to happen. Borderlands is about loot and shooting, not interesting characters... because none of them are. Now, the game of thrones game has potential. Guess this could be good, but it just seems unnecessary.
Matter of opinion there, as I found the characters in BL 2 very interesting. Handsome Jack especially, and in the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, we get a lot of character development for the protagonists. In fact, the ending to Assault on Dragon Keep brings me to tears every time I see it, it's just that good.