Bloodborne: Dark Souls Goes Gothic

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Bloodborne: Dark Souls Goes Gothic

From Software's next game isn't a sequel to Demon's Souls, but carries on the developers legacy of challenging action RPG gameplay.

Read Full Article

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I wasn't at all willing or ready to buy a PS4, until I saw this announcement at E3. I have a PS3 for Demon's, and "Director: Hidetaka Miyazaki" was all I needed to see. Now the unbearable wait...

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
DrunkOnEstus said:
I wasn't at all willing or ready to buy a PS4, until I saw this announcement at E3. I have a PS3 for Demon's, and "Director: Hidetaka Miyazaki" was all I needed to see. Now the unbearable wait...
So it's only going to be on PS4? Not even the PS3?

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Vrach said:
Correct. We're hitting that point in the console life cycle. There will still be games for PS3, probably through 2015, but the top of the line stuff, especially new IPs, will be on the next gen (current gen?) platforms.

Edit: Part of the reason is because you can make a much better next-gen game if you only make it for next-gen and the other part is that enough people own PS4s to make it worthwhile monetarily.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Vrach said:
DrunkOnEstus said:
That's correct, this is From Software's leap into "next-gen", with Sony Japan's help a la Demon's on the PS3. What's funny is I read a Japanese interview where Miyazaki was saying he was glad to not be working on Dark Souls 2, because he wanted to work on something lighthearted and take a break from "darkness". I guess he was being facetious, and I'm glad because I love the bloody, gothic, totally crushing atmosphere that Bloodborne has going.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I like gothic as a stlye and setting but holy crap do I not want to play a DS game.

Wake me from my cryogenic sleep when From decides to eventually make a new AC or something other than riding the Souls gravy train.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Cagey said:
Stop buying these games so they'll make another Armored Core.
No, KEEP buying these games so we can fund them to make another Armored Core. Hopefully with controls that actually take advantage of our index fingers naturally being on TRIGGERS from the controllers.

OT: This reminds me of Nightmare Creatures with the setting and vibe. Wonder if they're getting any inspiration from that... anyway I just had a thought. I don't think the "citizens" are zombies/hollows like they were in Demon's or Dark. I saw fear in that one guys eyes. I had a thought that maybe this is some twisted version of Jack the Ripper but we're seeing it through some madmans point of view where he sees everything and everyone around him monstrously. But I'm probably wrong.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Steampunk, werewolves, gothic horror, JOYGASM! I never got into the souls games from a fear of controller breakage but I may have to buy this game.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
.. Crap, it looks SO GOOD. I want this so badly now, but I need to buy a PS4 to have it. Will this come out for the Xbox One too or just the PS4 only? I know it's a bad question but crap if it's an exclusive ... crap again!
PS4 exclusive unfortunately.

OT: Well that's another game to add to my "Buy a PS4 when these come out" list. It's slowly getting to a point where I think it'll be worth it. Slowly.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
.. Crap, it looks SO GOOD. I want this so badly now, but I need to buy a PS4 to have it. Will this come out for the Xbox One too or just the PS4 only? I know it's a bad question but crap if it's an exclusive ... crap again!

I was hoping for a PC release of this too :(

I guess we need a fancy PS4 to enjoy this.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I hate exclusives so much. I want to be really hyped for this game but im going to have to buy a PS4 for it! I was just thinking about getting a Wii U too.

Im almost hoping this turns out to be a horrible disappointment just so I don't spend the money on a PS4. *sigh*
Better a PS4 exclusive than an Xbone exclusive I suppose.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
DrunkOnEstus said:
Vrach said:
DrunkOnEstus said:
That's correct, this is From Software's leap into "next-gen", with Sony Japan's help a la Demon's on the PS3. What's funny is I read a Japanese interview where Miyazaki was saying he was glad to not be working on Dark Souls 2, because he wanted to work on something lighthearted and take a break from "darkness". I guess he was being facetious, and I'm glad because I love the bloody, gothic, totally crushing atmosphere that Bloodborne has going.
It definitely looks interesting, I'm just bummed because I have no plans to get a PS4, I'm a PC gamer. I have a PS3 that I got a year back for some exclusives and was hoping that if it's an PS exclusive, it'd at least be on the PS3 as well. Ah well :(

Aitamen

Dec 6, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I like gothic as a stlye and setting but holy crap do I not want to play a DS game.

Wake me from my cryogenic sleep when From decides to eventually make a new AC or something other than riding the Souls gravy train.
You could always go play their older stuff for PS2, in it's retro-glory, if you're interested... a lot of people don't realize that before there was the DS series, they did make, for example, the amazing King's Field (which is why I was surprised when Souls surprised *anyone*).

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
I guess my purchase date for a PS4 is "2015" then lol I knew there would be a system seller, on one of the systems for me eventually. WiiU finally came in with the Bayonetta release being bundled with the original, so that first.. then a PS4 next year.

Sounds like a plan.