Josh V's Five Favorites of E3 2014

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Josh V's Five Favorites of E3 2014

The last day of E3 2014 really sold Josh Vanderwall on the show this year, though there were a couple of gems in the first two days.

Read Full Article

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm actually pretty excited for Magic 2015.

I loved the last one and it got me to play Magic more since I don't know anyone in my area that plays, and it's a pretty solid game.

Reaper of Souls is another one I'm looking forward too. I'm a little curious to know how the added creatures will behave in the game and if there's special loot that they drop, I doubt it, but you never know. I've played D3 on my PS3 and I'm surprised by how much fun it is, so I'm really exited for this to come out.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

I loved the last one and it got me to play Magic more since I don't know anyone in my area that plays, and it's a pretty solid game.

Reaper of Souls is another one I'm looking forward too. I'm a little curious to know how the added creatures will behave in the game and if there's special loot that they drop, I doubt it, but you never know. I've played D3 on my PS3 and I'm surprised by how much fun it is, so I'm really exited for this to come out.
Yeah, Duels has surprising staying power. I've played the campaign of every version that's come out to date, and the additions they seem to come up with for each version keep me coming back. The fully custom decks sold me on 2015 completely. I do mourn the loss of my spare time, though, as I'm a collector, and will likely not rest until I have the whole free-to-collect collection available.

Glad to hear you played D3 on PS3, that means you'll get the new Last of Us content with your existing character! The team apparently worked with The Last of Us development team on the sounds, models, animations, and even attacks for RoS, so if you played The Last of Us, it should come off as very familiar. I don't think there's special loot for those rifts, although there are special tilesets and environments for them, based on the world of The Last of Us, which seems super neat.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Encaen said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Yeah, Duels has surprising staying power. I've played the campaign of every version that's come out to date, and the additions they seem to come up with for each version keep me coming back. The fully custom decks sold me on 2015 completely. I do mourn the loss of my spare time, though, as I'm a collector, and will likely not rest until I have the whole free-to-collect collection available.

Glad to hear you played D3 on PS3, that means you'll get the new Last of Us content with your existing character! The team apparently worked with The Last of Us development team on the sounds, models, animations, and even attacks for RoS, so if you played The Last of Us, it should come off as very familiar. I don't think there's special loot for those rifts, although there are special tilesets and environments for them, based on the world of The Last of Us, which seems super neat.
I was sold on the fully custom decks as well, and I can see all my free time fiddling around with it going away. It's really cool to see that Duels still has that approachability to it since I'm really not that great at Magic, but still has something for the high level players. I might actually unlock everything this time around.

I was pretty skeptical about the console version, but after hours and hours of playing with my Demon Hunter I was pretty impressed and fully hooked. Nothing really drastic changed for me, other than keeping two separate set of notes for each game version. I haven't played The Last of Us yet, and I have a feeling that I will be playing this before I get to that, so facing them will be new for me. Which I'm totally for since I want to know how my character and all her stats will fair against them. All in all, I can't wait to explore RoS and see what cool things that Blizzard has done with it.