Stunning Fallout 3 Laser Rifle Replica Heads to Etsy

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Stunning Fallout 3 Laser Rifle Replica Heads to Etsy

Artist Thomas Hughes is selling Fallout 3 laser rifles through his Etsy page for £395.00.

When it came to Fallout 3, I was never much of a fan of the laser weapons. Not that I'd turn one down if I found myself in that wonderful spot of facing down a Deathclaw and being otherwise out of ammo, but by-and-large I liked gun with bullets. I always just found something more satisfying with pumping my foes full of lead as opposed to disintegrating them into a pile of smoking ash. Even being an admitted shunner of lasers however, I have to admit that I wouldn't mind having one of my very own to hang on my wall and occasionally brandish to scare off the missionaries who knock on my door every two months.

Thanks artists Thomas Hughes, that's a dream that might be in my grasp. Based in England, Hughes has recently taken to selling hyper-detailed replicas of the AER9 Laser Rifle featured in Fallout 3 Measuring at a meter in length, his rifles are "cast in fiberglass and resin pieces and individually hand painted." As nice as that sounds, they're also quite pricey. Buying just one of these <a href=https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/193581199/fallout-3-aer9-laser-rifle-11-prop?ref=shop_home_active_2>costs £395.00, plus shipping.

[gallery=2754]

As hefty as that price tag is however, it takes all of one glance at the product pictures to see exactly why these costs what they do. Put shortly, these are some gorgeous looking laser rifles. Well, at least as gorgeous as a weapon that survived a nuclear apocalypse and probably spent a century or two rotting in the dirt is supposed to look.

Source: <a href=https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/193581199/fallout-3-aer9-laser-rifle-11-prop?ref=shop_home_active_2>Etsy

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Is ammo included? I'd hate to scour the Wasteland, looking for Protectrons. Those things'll take your head off.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
RedBackDragon said:
aaaand in Australia we probably cant have it >.>
I'd look into that if I were you, generally speaking since its a replica and not of a real gun it probably would be legal, you may just need to paint the front with an orange stripe.

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
RicoADF said:
RedBackDragon said:
I'd look into that if I were you, generally speaking since its a replica and not of a real gun it probably would be legal, you may just need to paint the front with an orange stripe.
i have looked into and i allso have a few friends that got stung by our seemingly random and idiotic customs laws and enforcement

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
RedBackDragon said:
RicoADF said:
RedBackDragon said:
i have looked into and i allso have a few friends that got stung by our seemingly random and idiotic customs laws and enforcement
Yup NZ and AU hate these energy weapons, they are corrupting the youth god dammit!

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Hm... given the choice between breaking into Fort Independence or spending CA$720+shipping, I'd rather pay the cash.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
RedBackDragon said:
Im pretty sure they'd look at that and see its no way real

that than that

ugggghhhhhh waaaaaaaant

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
RedBackDragon said:
As I said the law requires that the barrel/end be painted bright orange so they can easily be identified as not being a real firearm, if your friends have not had this done then they would have been stung. Without more details that'd be my guess as to the reason for the problem.
Either way I'd rather the system that we have than some others.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Oh if only I had enough money to be a millionaire, then all my money problems would be solved. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if the cost wasn't too high.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well before putting in any orders I would wait and see if he is doing this completely legit, as far as I'm aware you aren't exactly permitted to sell someone else's merchandise as your own.

But it is a brilliant looking piece, really great details and weathering on that, although at the price I would want a full metal built version and not just a well painted hunk of plastic.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hello, little guy. What's that? You want to come home with me? Why, sure, dude! It's all good!

*Loses karma for running off with it*

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mr.K. said:
Well before putting in any orders I would wait and see if he is doing this completely legit, as far as I'm aware you aren't exactly permitted to sell someone else's merchandise as your own.
it seems to be kind of a grey area, theres tons of people selling fan made merch on the net

sites like society6 or Redbubble (I LOVE both even if Soceity6 did screw up an order once) have lots of awesome designs by various artists for T-shirts prints ect

some of which are related to games/movies/whatever

most of them are really cool...though some of these "artists" are kind of hacks...at best slapping together some obnoxious text (which is fine) and at worse outright copy pasting original artwork [sub/](for example a Saga T shirt...which I did buy..I know..I know but where else am I gonna get a saga t shirt?)[/sub]

now for all I know most of these artists could have some kind of clearance, but the sheer amount makes me doubtful...

ultimately while it might be considered "wrong"....we do get some really cool designs out of it...