Hyrule Warriors Adds Two More Playable Characters - One Old, One New - Update

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Hyrule Warriors Adds Two More Playable Characters - One Old, One New - Update

Twilight Princess' Agitha will be a playable character in Hyrule Warriors, as will a new character named Lana.

Update: Tecmo Koei released a large batch of screenshots today featuring Lana, Agitha, Midna, and even a few shots of Zant as an antagonist. Additionally, players can choose to dress Link and Zelda in their costumes from Twilight Princess.

Original story: The cast of playable characters in Hyrule Warriors, the Legend of Zelda spinoff in a Dynasty Warriors style, continues to grow with even more female characters. An issue of Famitsu revealed "princess of the insect kingdom" Agitha from Twilight Princess, as well as details on an entirely new character, Lana.

Lana is the White Witch of Hyrule Warriors and fights with a magical book. She can create walls to blow away enemies and shock enemies when the walls are destroyed. She is an original character created for the game. The antagonist of Hyrule Warriors is another witch named Cia, the Black Witch.

Agitha's only canon appearance in the Zelda series is in Twilight Princess where she tasks Link with bringing her golden bugs because she's a young, eccentric girl who loves bugs. In Hyrule Warriors she fights with her parasol and summons bugs to attack enemies.

Lana and Agitha join Link, Midna, Zelda, and Impa as playable characters. Tecmo Koei released a video yesterday of Impa's powerful long sword attacks. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylPbczdAooY] The Famitsu issue suggested Twilight Princess' Zant and the dragon Argorok will appear in Hyrule Warriors in some form.

[gallery=2781]

Hyrule Warriors is very heavy on fighting, but players will be able to have some level of exploration beyond running forward and mowing down hordes of bokoblins. Link's hookshot will make a return for Hyrule Warriors, allowing players to reach previously inaccessible areas. And if that's enough, with certain strengthening items, players can bring down the moon from Majora's Mask on to enemies.

Legend of Zelda has many female characters who are never playable - due to the games being about Link's adventures - so it's nice to see the female-heavy cast of Hyrule Warriors.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/24/hyrule-warriors-newcomer-lana-white-witch-revealed/]

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This seems interesting, I didn't expect to have more characters in this game than the 4 mentioned from the start. Maybe we'll get even more of them? Here's for hoping :D

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
All Agatha really needs to do is say some of the lines she had in Twilight Princess to the enemies. That'll send them running away in fear, that's for sure. Or they'll at least be stunned due to their brains trying to process what they just heard.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I'm still waiting for a Lu Bu confirmation. Honestly, that's the only way this game could possibly sound cooler.

oh, and Gannondorf as playable, and actually use that sword he has in his Smash bros taunts.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
fingers crossed for all the characters from Twilight Princess pub gang and the 4 races heroes from Majora's Mask all being playable :)
I know a lot of people are turned off by Warrior games but I'm so looking forward to this. I'm not huge into Dynasty Warriors but I do like playing them every now and then, specially Warriors Orochi.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I was just happy with Midna making a return to the series, one of the more intriguing characters in the series. Plus her speech was pretty cool, like playing records backwards to find the hidden satanic messages....

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
This is really cool. An original character makes sense, but I would have never guessed Agatha. Fun to see them mining the obscure character roster from the franchise.

Also, that is two specifically Twilight Princess characters. I wonder if this is going to be some sort of Twilight Princess specific spinoff.

Incidentally, this brings the playable character cast to 1 male and 5 females. Good to see a developer willing to break the default male character assumption.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
So I wonder if Ubisoft is taking notes on how to other companies are making playable female characters? lol

ot: Cool news. Still wanting to see playable Ganondorf because that'd be radical. Also wouldn't mind seeing Nabooru, Darunia, Ruto, Saria (probably won't happen), Din and Nayru (Oracles games), and Vaati (human form).

EDIT: Also, Majora's Mask Skull Kid. That would be sweet.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011

I need my Groose!

Though I'd also put good money down that a certain adult fairy man shows up....

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Doomsdaylee said:
I'm SHOCKED to see Agatha here. What's next, the Happy Mask Salesma- Oh god, No!
But seriously, I'm curious to see how she plays, and wonder if we'll get any villains playable. That Volvagia guy looks super cool.
A happy mask sales man would trigger a pre-order from me. That would be incredible.

OT - Surprised they are announcing Agatha before a Zora or even Skull Kid. Maybe those ones are "no brainers" and they are announcing the more "left field" picks?

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
I want a villian side too mainly because one person playing as link and the other as ganondorf to fight ganondorf sounds hilarious (also there's a wide cast of villains to use too it'd make things interesting).
Mangue Surfer said:
Getting the vibe that the majority of Dynasty Warriors fans are women.
I think there's more girl zelda fans than girl dynasty warrior fans.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Doomsdaylee said:
I'm SHOCKED to see Agatha here. What's next, the Happy Mask Salesma- Oh god, No!
That actually sounds like a great idea! The Salesman could use his masks as weapons/abilities he can change at any time. Such masks sound more useful (but less hilarious) than Agitha's bugs.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of Twilight Princess love this game has. Midna, The Palace of Twilight, and several enemies would have been enough, but this is just absurd.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Doomsdaylee said:
He's probably going to end up as a merchant who sales weapons/item/buffs, like any other Warrior games.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
I want a goron chieftain and wont be sadisfied till I get it. Also Ganon is kind of mandatory as a playable character.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Agitha? Well I didn't see that one coming, though that's not to say it doesn't sound awesome sowing terror in your enemies by filling their pants with bugs. Now we just have to wait for confirmation of Tingle as a playable character.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Guffe said:
This seems interesting, I didn't expect to have more characters in this game than the 4 mentioned from the start. Maybe we'll get even more of them? Here's for hoping :D
It's an Omega Force game. Anything less than 20 characters would be an insult.

DaViller said:
I want a goron chieftain and wont be sadisfied till I get it. Also Ganon is kind of mandatory as a playable character.
He'll be in Hyrule Warriors Xtreme Legends.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Guffe said:
Maybe we'll get even more of them? Here's for hoping :D
It's an Omega Force game. Anything less than 20 characters would be an insult.
Well that seems promising :D

Zachary Amaranth said:
DaViller said:
He'll be in Hyrule Warriors Xtreme Legends.
What is this Legends thing you're talking about? I've missed something now apparently...