8 Delicious Origin Stories Behind Everyday Foods

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Delicious Origin Stories Behind Everyday Foods

Today let's all appreciate the fact that humanity has grown close enough to one another to take on each others food. So let's look at eight foods and their wacky origins, this is guaranteed to be better than the Wolverine origin story.

Read Full Article

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
hate to break it the one who did this list but Rhubarb, Kale are not everyday foods.. catnip isn't even food and either is coffee .. so it should be called "4 Delicious Origin Stories Behind Everyday Foods + a 1 Drink, a Flower and 2 Uncommon Foods"

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
crazygameguy4ever said:
hate to break it the one who did this list but Rhubarb, Kale are not everyday foods.. catnip isn't even food and either is coffee .. so it should be called "4 Delicious Origin Stories Behind Everyday Foods + a 1 Drink, a Flower and 2 Uncommon Foods"
You've obviously never had a dutch meal then ;)
Kale is pretty everyday here. chip it, mash it with boiled potatoes and serve with sausage or bacon. Really hits the spot in winter.
speaking of us, you could've mentioned that we were the ones who turned carrots orange! Go team!

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Floppertje said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
Kale is pretty everyday here. chip it, mash it with boiled potatoes and serve with sausage or bacon. Really hits the spot in winter.
speaking of us, you could've mentioned that we were the ones who turned carrots orange! Go team!

Well considering im in the US, no i've never had a dutch meal... in fact i've never seen or heard of anyone that's eaten kale in real life... but then again, who want's to eat seaweed? not me

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
crazygameguy4ever said:
Floppertje said:
crazygameguy4ever said:

Well considering im in the US, no i've never had a dutch meal... in fact i've never seen or heard of anyone that's eaten kale in real life... but then again, who want's to eat seaweed? not me
Seaweed? I think you're confusing it with kelp... Also, America's love for sushi seems to indicate that in general, yanks have no problem with seaweed :p

Still, no need to be so US-centric. just because it's not common in the states doesn't mean it's not an everyday food in another part of the world.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Floppertje said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
Floppertje said:
crazygameguy4ever said:

Seaweed? I think you're confusing it with kelp... Also, America's love for sushi seems to indicate that in general, yanks have no problem with seaweed :p

Still, no need to be so US-centric. just because it's not common in the states doesn't mean it's not an everyday food in another part of the world.
i'm not "yank" and i might have confused seeweed for kelp .but it pretty much the same. .and sushi isn't as popular as you might think here in the US.. not compared to Japan at least not that I know off.. i think there's a popular american version of it in California