BREAKING: Community Will Return For Sixth Season

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
BREAKING: Community Will Return For Sixth Season

Now, light our Darkest Timeline...

For years, the cult-hit sitcom Community and it's creators have had as their tongue-in-cheek mantra "Six Seasons & a Movie!," and for five seasons shaky ratings and meddling network executives have seemingly conspired to make that prediction impossible - especially when the show was canceled, officially, at the end of Season 5.

Sony Pictures Television has announced that a 13-episode Season 6 will air on the Yahoo Screen streaming service this fall. Reached for comment, creator Dan Harmon stated: "I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online. I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, Big Bang Theory. Look out, Bang Bus!"

Originally launched as a wacky ensemble sitcom about a diverse group of misfits partnered in a Community College study group; Community quickly revealed itself as something much more bizarre and elaborate: Peppering it's narrative with sci-fi, comics, movies and other "geek culture" references and finally tipping its hand as a reality-bending franchise in its own right; complete with fantastical stories, alternate universes and elaborate metaphysical digressions that all (somehow) are actually supposed to have occured in the series' "canon."

At this time, there has been no confirmation as to how much of the cast or creative team from the most recent seasons will carry over into the new production. At least two of the original main cast, Chevy Chase and Donald Glover, departed before the initial cancellation. Harmon is also currently prepping the second season of his hit Adult Swim animated series Rick & Morty.

Source: THR [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/community-returning-sixth-season-yahoo-715857]

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Yes yes yes yes YES! I hope Jonathan Banks and John Oliver will be able to come back as well, but I won't hold my breath since they're both really busy with their new shows. (Also Donald Glover, obviously) (Glover confirmed he won't be returning. Bummer.)
But either way, I'm sure it will be good, even with a reduced cast.

Redflash

Mar 21, 2012
DirgeNovak said:
Yes yes yes yes YES!
My thoughts exactly, I'm so happy they found a way! Chevy is gone for good I'm sure but would be so cool if Donald Glover was able to put a little screen time in (maybe he and LeVar Burton having Somali pirates shenanigans!). Whatever happens, I'm excited.

Captcha: Live Life

I will Captcha, I will indeed.

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
on the one hand WOOT on the other hand..... "air on the Yahoo Screen streaming service" great so theres no legitamate way i can watch it... yay for being australian

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
NO!

OT: I wasn't too impressed with series 4 and 5, but I would like and official closer to the show (other than the meteor.) I'm glad for the fans that they could get series number 6 but I wonder if they'll get 'the movie'?

I'm more hyped for the return of Rick and Morty (times 100!)

also: Yahoo Screen streaming service - what is this?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Darn, I was hoping the internet would learn a lesson or two about the importance of actually watching a show and supporting it in deed instead of just name.

Thanks Sony, you did something which will both please your viewership AND push back a fix to the system for another few years.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
If this is for real, hooray! Oh, thank you, Lawd! Hopefully this sixth one can undo some damage from the last one, like properly set up Chang as a villain instead of that last-minute reveal in the second-to-last episode.
Redflash said:
DirgeNovak said:
Yes yes yes yes YES!
My thoughts exactly, I'm so happy they found a way! Chevy is gone for good I'm sure but would be so cool if Donald Glover was able to put a little screen time in (maybe he and LeVar Burton having Somali pirates shenanigans!). Whatever happens, I'm excited.

Captcha: Live Life

I will Captcha, I will indeed.
Good memory! Let's have Troy and Abed back togeeeeeether!

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
It's good that Dan is back in the drivers seat. But no Troy and Pierce? That's kind of abig blow for the show in my eyes... Oh well. I can always rewatch season 1-3 and pretend the horrible 4th season never happened.

I will give this a chance though. Maybe it works.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Why do people care about Chevy? He was a diva that tried to ruin the show. That horrible fourth season would've been good if it wasn't because of Chevy.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

wait, yahoo? wow, getting a bit desperate there. ah, well, sometimes you just gotta roll with it

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
This show was made by one of the guys who wrote Rick and Morty?

I better check it out.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
RaikuFA said:
Why do people care about Chevy? He was a diva that tried to ruin the show. That horrible fourth season would've been good if it wasn't because of Chevy.

mainly because that's exactly what pierce would do.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
DirgeNovak said:
Yes yes yes yes YES! I hope Jonathan Banks and John Oliver will be able to come back as well, but I won't hold my breath since they're both really busy with their new shows. (Also Donald Glover, obviously) (Glover confirmed he won't be returning. Bummer.)
Given Oliver had to just put his other webseries [http://thebuglepodcast.com/] on hiatus until September just to get a handle on his schedule, I don't think he'll be able to join for anything short of movie money.[footnote]well... shitty movie money. Love Guru and Smurfs are running jokes on that podcast.[/footnote]

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
The Gentleman said:
DirgeNovak said:
Given Oliver had to just put his other webseries [http://thebuglepodcast.com/] on hiatus until September just to get a handle on his schedule, I don't think he'll be able to join for anything short of movie money.
Wait is Last Week Tonight only until September? That would be a waste. That show is perfection.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Since not a single person on the whole internet seems to know what the fuck 'Yahoo Screen' is, this is gonna be worth it for Yahoo just for the marketing. Looks like they need this too. The UK and US versions are both full of total shit or just YouTube videos.

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
....*Ahem*....

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
While I didn't like season 5 as much as seasons 1-3, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Still, the show just isn't the same without Troy. Pierce... I can take him or leave him. I enjoy the new old guy played by Banks.