8 of Our Most Favorite Canadian Actors

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 of Our Most Favorite Canadian Actors

To celebrate Canada Day we are giving you eight great Canadian actors. Some are surprising and some are not so much, so prepare yourself to possibly get amazed. In the spirit of the day, sorry.

Read Full Article

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I didn't know some of these were among my fellow Canadians. ...and some of them I've never even heard of.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
My city is very proud about spawning Nathan Fillion.

Happy Canada Day, everyone!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Regarding Jewel Staite,
She may be best known for her role of Kaylee Frye in Firefly but few know that she was also in the film adaptation of the series Serenity.
Huh? She's best known for Firefly, but few people would know she was in the Firefly movie? Those are the same thing, known by the same people....

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Jadak said:
Regarding Jewel Staite,
She may be best known for her role of Kaylee Frye in Firefly but few know that she was also in the film adaptation of the series Serenity.
Huh? She's best known for Firefly, but few people would know she was in the Firefly movie? Those are the same thing, known by the same people....
Actually you'd be suprised how many fans of Firefly have no idea Serenity exists. I've come across quite a few of them.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Triaed said:
Bieber trumps William Shatner?!
...or Michael J. Fox, or Jim Carrey, or really anybody else we've churned out that's even halfway famous?! (Man, what is with Canada and exporting musicians the rest of the world loves to hate? Bieber, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion...)

Aaanyhoo, happy Canada Day everyone!

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Rituro said:
Triaed said:
Bieber trumps William Shatner?!
...or Michael J. Fox, or Jim Carrey, or really anybody else we've churned out that's even halfway famous?! (Man, what is with Canada and exporting musicians the rest of the world loves to hate? Bieber, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion...)

Aaanyhoo, happy Canada Day everyone!
Yeah, Donald and Keifer Sutherland, John Candy, Dan Akroyd, Tatiana Maslany, Malin Ackerman, Anna Paquin, etc. There are lots that can be above "the Biebs"... but I think the article was focusing on Sci-Fi/geekdom figures, so Shatner should definitely be there!