Rainy Day Superman Fights For Truth, Justice, And Mopey Poetry

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Rainy Day Superman Fights For Truth, Justice, And Mopey Poetry

Once again, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is accidentally hilarious.

Read Full Article

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Rainy Day Superman demands a haiku:

Rain is like sadness
Metaphors are monochrome
Mopey teenage Supes

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
no mention of the best picture related to that so far?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out that the second-to-last one was actually a dark screen, and not just my browser failing to load an image.

But yeah, spot on Photoshops, everyone. I keep picturing this cut to Batman's song from the Lego Movie...

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Lost In The Void said:

Shush, shhhh, quiet down... do you hear that?

It's the sound of thousands of slach fic writers the world over screeching in glee.

Fan fiction is coming.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
I miss Christopher Reeve. Henry Cavill isn't bad by any stretch, but it would be nice to have a movie Superman who seems to enjoy being Superman. Plus, no one has handled the Superman/Clark duality better than Reeve.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Lost In The Void said:

Thats no hug. Supes is grabbing some Bat balls. You cant hear it by supes whispers "Cough Bats".

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The 2nd one was my favorite, I always knew Batman just needed a hug. :p

LG Jargon

Feb 9, 2012
...Is anyone else starting to miss the WB Animated Series? Or the JLA/JLU cartoons?

OT: These Photoshops are fantastic; I really hope this becomes a huge meme. Thanks, Ross. :)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Manly tears were shed at the Reeve pic. Manly tears.

Also, it is saying a lot that the movies are so serious and they are being made so much fun of. Already. Jeez...I really dont know what to expect from the Dawn movie...I guess I'll see it no matter what....since I'm a sucker for superhero movies and also since I'm eternally curious on how much they will muck it up.

How can the old Superman movies be so much older and so much better? Especially the first one...I get that the new movies want to be their own movies, but its possible to do that and ALSO get what Superman is all about :s

We dont need another Batman with superpowers....we need hope. Not grim determination.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
LG Jargon said:
...Is anyone else starting to miss the WB Animated Series? Or the JLA/JLU cartoons?

OT: These Photoshops are fantastic; I really hope this becomes a huge meme. Thanks, Ross. :)
I recently started watching the WB animated series again after many many years and it holds up so hard. Tim Daly was kind of amazing as the voice of Superman.

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
tzimize said:
Christopher Reeve will always be Superman in my book, for both his portrayal of the character and his bravery after his accident. I actually feel kind of sorry for Henry Cavill, since he has to know his Superman will always be compared to Reeve's, probably unfavorably in most cases.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Shadowsetzer said:
tzimize said:
Christopher Reeve will always be Superman in my book, for both his portrayal of the character and his bravery after his accident. I actually feel kind of sorry for Henry Cavill, since he has to know his Superman will always be compared to Reeve's, probably unfavorably in most cases.

Agree 100% about Reeve. What a superman.

But Henry Cavill though....he's not really that good. Or he didnt get anything good to work with. I remember Brandon Routh from Superman Returns. Even if that was not the best of movies, it was a much better Superman. He had a reassuring smile and a thoroughly good demeanor. Superman in man of steel was just a superpowered marine...the Christ imagery was only visual, when he leaped from the spaceship. Not at all subtle, and NOTHING to do with the character. Brandon Routh shone as a force for good. He was what superman is supposed to be. He didnt have the awesome charisma of Reeve, but he got the job done imo.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Condescending news thread about an upcoming DC movie #2, right after the "Let's make fun of the title" thread.
He's standing in the rain. So fucking what.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Condescending news thread about an upcoming DC movie #2, right after the "Let's make fun of the title" thread.

The vibrant colors, the slightly charming gaze, the sense of power and adventure...

... Thor looks more like Superman than the new Superman does.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Sylocat said:
I keep picturing this cut to Batman's song from the Lego Movie...
And that is why I can't take the DC 'Grimdark' universe seriously anymore, and I'm a frigging fan of Warhammer 40k!

Johnny Novgorod said:

Or you know, a god of thunder in a rainstorm? And lets not even begin to call out the actual use of some colours that not black and grey...

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:

I could have sworn that was swirling dirt and debris. It's rising up from the ground after all.

Also, there is only 1 rainy scene (that I recall) in Thor TDW, which was when he returns to earth.