Molten Corgi Pet Coming to World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

WldCard

Mar 20, 2010
Molten Corgi Pet Coming to World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

The newest addition to the WoW pet menagerie sets the internet on fire.

For fans of World of Warcraft, there are already plenty of reasons to eagerly wait for the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor. There's the visual makeover being given to the game's races, the introduction of customized garrisons, and a whole new planet and timeline opened wide for exploration. But all of that pales in comparison to the game's latest addition. No, your eyes haven't deceived you. That is, in fact, a molten corgi.

The upcoming pet was announced in a response [https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status/484837013770629120/], stating, "Of course the Molten Corgi is going to be a real pet! Joking about something like that is a great way to get assassinated."

No word yet on how players will be able to get their hands on the insanely adorable companion yet. It may end up being a pre-order bonus, a quest reward, a purchase through the Blizzard Store, or something else entirely. Regardless, WoW fans have responded to the news like Pavlov's dog, eagerly salivating over the chance to take their new blazing beast for a walk through the countryside of Draenor.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
This thing is ridiculously cute and I want one now. It's definitely NOT a pre-order bonus, that's a mount and matching pet that's already in the game, which you get with the collector's edition. Quest reward is possible, maybe achievement related, but I'm about 95% sure it'll end up being on the store for real money.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I dare say this is the first time that I've cared for the pet aspect of WoW. I love Corgis and this little fella is designed perfectly to give me a reason to adopt him.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Puppy Pele might well be the only thing I've ever seen that appeals so clearly to my love of fire and Corgis.

RazgrizRex

Jul 3, 2014
The first thing thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture:
Is that a new pokemon? - it's ridicullously cute ^_^

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Normally I wouldn't consider buying any vanity pets unless the proceeds go to charity or something but I just HAVE to have this little guy. He's so cute! I think I'm going to call him Robbaz.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Jesus Christ, the dog look cute sure, but come on people. This is disrespect for the real fans of Warcraft.
This would make sense in a humorous/fantasy Theme game, but NOT Warcraft...
It f*ck up the immersion of this world.

Yes, because a dark evil Death Knight with a dog on fire sure sound like Warcraft......ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff......

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
*high pitched squeal breaking sound barrier*

Must have the cuteness. My Perky Pug needs some company.

And are you suggesting that Warcraft isn't a humorous game? That's funny.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I already have a Core Hound Pup and a Perky Pug, but it's still cute.

...Pugs are still cuter, though.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
SweetShark said:
Jesus Christ, the dog look cute sure, but come on people. This is disrespect for the real fans of Warcraft.
This would make sense in a humorous/fantasy Theme game, but NOT Warcraft...
It f*ck up the immersion of this world.

Yes, because a dark evil Death Knight with a dog on fire sure sound like Warcraft......ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff......
I would like to take a moment to stop you and point out that Companion Pets in WoW have ALWAYS, ALWAYS been silly and for fun.

Cinder Kitten
Lil'Ragnoros
Little Pandarian Monk
Treasure Goblin
Mini Fel Reaver
Stitched Pup
Lil'Bad Wolf
Etc.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Let's see...it's a fire dog in a game that recently added pet battles.

Show of hands: Who here thinks quite a few of these will be named Growlithe? *awaits everyone and a half to raise their hands*