Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Adds American Actress, Parkour Artist

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Adds American Actress, Parkour Artist

American actress Crystal Clarke and British actor/parkour artist Pip Anderson have been added to the main cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

With Disney targeting a December 18, 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, the studio has now added two more names to the cast to play as-of-yet-unspecified roles. Joining the original Star Wars cast of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford will be Crystal Clarke, an American actress studying in the UK, and British actor/parkour artist Pip Anderson who starred in a Spider-Man TV commercial a few years ago, which you can watch above.

The official press release can be read below.

At the end of last year Lucasfilm and Disney invited all young aspiring actors to attend an open casting call for roles in J.J Abrams' Star Wars Episode VII. The casting calls spanned 11 cities across the US and UK and over 37,000 hopefuls attended, with a further 30,000 submitting applications online.

Having hunted high and low for young and undiscovered talent, the filmmakers are delighted to announce that two actors from the open call call have been cast.

Crystal Clarke is an American actress studying in Glasgow, UK, who has both stage and screen acting experience and is soon to be seen in her first feature, "The Moon and the Sun" (to be released in 2015). British actor Pip Anderson is a skilled practitioner of parkour, a discipline that involves propelling oneself through any given environment with incredible grace and agility. Pip recently demonstrated this remarkable skill in a Spider-Man ad for Sony.

"The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent and in casting Episode VII we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many travelled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film," said producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.

Meanwhile, principal photography continues at Pinewood Studios in London after wrapping on location in Abu Dhabi in May.

In August, the team will take a brief two-week hiatus while adjustments to the current production schedule are made as actor Harrison Ford recovers from a leg injury. Harrison is doing well and is looking forward to returning to the set soon. Shooting remains on track to wrap in the fall with the film scheduled for release on December 18, 2015.

In other Star Wars casting rumors, mega-actor Tom Cruise has been "Jedi Hunters" which are said to be the main villains in Episode VII [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135632-Rumor-Tom-Cruise-in-Talks-to-Appear-in-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-Update?]. What roles do you think these two will undertake in the film? Can we also assume that some sort of parkour will be involved as well based on Anderson's background?

Source: Superherohype [http://www.superherohype.com/news/307145-two-more-board-star-wars-episode-vii?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=two-more-board-star-wars-episode-vii#/slide/1]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I hope she keeps that hair for the movie, doubly so if she plays someone who wears a helmet.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
This cast list is getting too big for my tastes. It sounds like they're trying to do too much with too many people in just one movie. I fear this might make the movie a mess.

Pip I'm betting is one of these Jedi Hunters. I'm certain they'll be using his athletic skills in the movie, and since he's British--and the villains had British accents in the originals--I'm placing my money there.

No idea who Crystal could be playing.