Fast And Furious 7 Wraps, Thanks Fans For Support

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Fast And Furious 7 Wraps, Thanks Fans For Support

Filming on Fast And Furious 7 has wrapped, one day before the film's original release date.

Universal's official Facebook page for Fast And Furious 7 announced today that the film has completed filming, and thanked fans for their ongoing support. After the pushed back [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130116-Car-Accident-Takes-the-Life-of-Actor-Paul-Walker] to April 2015 so it could be completed without Walker. Executives used existing footage and Walker's brothers, Cody and Caleb Walker, signed on as body doubles to help complete the film.

Here's the full note:

We made it.

Today we completed the last shot in the production of FAST & FURIOUS 7.

We wanted to take this moment to express how thankful we are for your support. We felt the love and strength from our fans throughout this journey, and it's because of you that we got here.

There was a time when we didn't know how we could go on, or even if we should. But we listened to you, and you inspired us not only to keep going but to try and make the best FAST & FURIOUS movie yet.

Our FAST family has been together for almost fifteen years now and has grown a lot in that time. From the start, Vin has been our leader who feels what's right for FAST in his gut and in his heart. When we had to stop production last year, Vin gathered us back together and moved us forward when we needed it most. He led us to this day.

Some of us have been here from the very beginning. Vin, Michelle, Jordana and our producer Neal all go back to that first little movie we shot on the streets of LA. We came back to LA in FAST 7, and it was an especially emotional homecoming for those who've grown up with each other since that first shoot.

There are those we count as brothers who we gathered along the way and are with us again: Dwayne, Tyrese, Luda, Lucas and our writer, Chris. We've got some new additions this time in Jason, Kurt, Djimon, Nathalie and our director, James. Caleb and Cody joined us to honor their brother and help complete his work.

Our family is big and strong but it won't ever quite be whole again without Paul.

All of us -- those who've been here from the start and those whose first FAST film is 7 -- wanted to create a special film for him and for you. We believe we have.

Thank you for being there for us. You are the biggest part of our family, and we couldn't have gotten here without you.

The countdown to April 3 begins.

With love,

Your FAST & FURIOUS Family
Source: Deadline [https://www.facebook.com/FastandFurious]

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
The Gentleman said:
So... did they just remake the movie without Walker or does his character die midway throughout the movie?
They've announced that Brian O'connor won't die during the film, since A) the plot picks up from when
Han was murdered in Tokyo during the stinger for Furious 6 (which itself was a clever retcon of the events of Tokyo Drift) and I think they intended to keep the focus of he film on the aftermath of Han's death
and B) it would be too painful for everyone in the production to experience the death of Paul Walker twice. Instead, so they say, the story was rewritten to give the character a final sending off that pays tribute to Paul Walker while allowing him to leave the franchise clean.

How that'll work remains to be seen - they were only about halfway through his scenes when he died. I think they'll nail it, or at least I hope so.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
The Gentleman said:
So... did they just remake the movie without Walker or does his character die midway throughout the movie?
No, he wont die in the movie. Also his brothers were brought in to help because they look similar to him. Cant wait for this movie, looking forward to see what they do with Tony Jaa as its his first american movie.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
I actually rather like the Fast and Furious series. Maybe it's my crush on Vin Diesel, but I thought they were enjoyable popcorn flicks and Walker, while not good, was somewhat passable. Nice to know they gave him a good send off.