Bang Your Head to Guitar Hero: Metallica's Track List

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Bang Your Head to Guitar Hero: Metallica's Track List

Realize your childhood fantasy to perform "Enter Sandman" as Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich with his band's first game and its nearly fifty-song long soundtrack.

Set for release on March 29, Guitar Hero: Metallica will be blasting its way through your television screen with 49 songs, a mix of Metallica classics and the band members' personal favorites. Players who downloaded the "Death Magnetic" Metallica album for Guitar Hero III will be able to access it through GHTunes.

Fret-burning features exclusive to the Metallica rendition of the aging guitar series include locales where the band used to play (L.A. Forum, Tushino Airfield and The Hammersmith Odeon), band play as all four band members or solo play in the extremely difficult Expert+ difficulty where a drummer may manage two bass drum pedals simultaneously.

The official Metallica tracks are:
[li]All Nightmare Long[/li]
[li]Battery[/li]
[li]Creeping Death[/li]
[li]Disposable Heroes[/li]
[li]Dyers Eve[/li]
[li]Enter Sandman[/li]
[li]Fade To Black[/li]
[li]Fight Fire With Fire[/li]
[li]For Whom The Bell Tolls[/li]
[li]Frantic[/li]
[li]Fuel[/li]
[li]Hit The Lights[/li]
[li]King Nothing[/li]
[li]Master of Puppets[/li]
[li]Mercyful Fate (Medley)[/li]
[li]No Leaf Clover[/li]
[li]Nothing Else Matters[/li]
[li]One[/li]
[li]Orion[/li]
[li]Sad But True[/li]
[li]Seek And Destroy[/li]
[li]The Memory Remains[/li]
[li]The Shortest Straw[/li]
[li]The Thing That Should Not Be[/li]
[li]The Unforgiven[/li]
[li]Welcome Home (Sanitarium)[/li]
[li]Wherever I May Roam[/li]
[li]Whiplash[/li]

Songs from other bands chosen by Metallica to be included:
[li]Alice In Chains - "No Excuses"[/li]
[li]Bob Seger - "Turn The Page"[/li]
[li]Corrosion of Conformity - "Albatross"[/li]
[li]Diamond Head - "Am I Evil?"[/li]
[li]Foo Fighters - "Stacked Actors"[/li]
[li]Judas Priest - "Hell Bent For Leather"[/li]
[li]Kyuss - "Demon Cleaner"[/li]
[li]Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesdays Gone"[/li]
[li]Machine Head - "Beautiful Mourning"[/li]
[li]Mastodon - "Blood And Thunder"[/li]
[li]Mercyful Fate - "Evil"[/li]
[li]Michael Schenker Group - "Armed and Ready"[/li]
[li]Motorhead - "Ace of Spades"[/li]
[li]Queen - "Stone Cold Crazy"[/li]
[li]Samhain - "Mother of Mercy"[/li]
[li]Slayer - "War Ensemble"[/li]
[li]Social Distortion - "Mommy's Little Monster"[/li]
[li]Suicidal Tendencies - "War Inside My Head"[/li]
[li]System of a Down - "Toxicity"[/li]
[li]The Sword - "Black River"[/li]
[li]Thin Lizzy - "The Boys Are Back in Town"[/li]

Source: Metallica [http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837#?]

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
I am not a huge fan of metallica myself, but the bands that are on there instead of metallica seem pretty decent. I still don't think this is enough for me to actually buy the game, but I may consider renting it at some point.

maxusy3k

May 17, 2008
I wonder which versions of some of the 'other artist' songs will be used. The Metallica cover of 'Turn the Page', for example, features a guitar solo. The Bob Seger version features a saxophone one.

Would be a little weird to be playing those notes.

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
Judas Priest - "Hell Bent For Leather"
Oh yeah! Do want!

Excellent track list! Makes up for Aerosmith's by a mile.

EDIT: The lack of Harvester of Sorrow disappoints me, but still...Whiplash, Creeping Death, Sad But True, The Shortest Straw, and SIX tracks from Master of Puppets. Holy Christ on a motorcycle, that is awesome! I would have liked to see Leper Messiah over TTTSNB, but no use complaing about it. Seems like Neversoft opted to not go with every single Metallica song that had a single release. Bravo, guys!

Z4N5H1N

Jun 18, 2008
I'm glad Harmonix has given washed-up, irrelevant old metal bands a place to die in peace amidst heaps of royalty money. First Aerosmith, now Metallica; it's like the SPCA for ex-musician geezers!

Oct 19, 2008
Good line-up, but i really think that they should've made it more of a song pack or something that's actually on a disc,
as opposed to pretty much bringing out an entirely new game. It would've made it much more accessible, and there won't be much online play,
because alot of people who only have world tour will be going online, without the metallica songs.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
Thats it. I can't rank on guitar hero anymore. Does anyone know if rockband guitars are compatable with guitar hero? I must have this game.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
thebobmaster said:
TMAN10112 said:
Thats it. I can't rank on guitar hero anymore. Does anyone know if rockband guitars are compatable with guitar hero? I must have this game.
What system do you have?
I'm going get it for the xbox 360

Nov 28, 2007
TMAN10112 said:
thebobmaster said:
TMAN10112 said:
What system do you have?
I'm going get it for the xbox 360
I believe that the Rock Band guitar is compatible then. At least the first one, not sure about the second.