Deborah Ann Woll Added to Daredevil Cast

WldCard

Mar 20, 2010
Deborah Ann Woll Added to Daredevil Cast

True Blood actress slated to play Karen Page in Marvel's Daredevil series.

HBO's True Blood might be wrapping up production this season, but for at least one of the show's stars, that doesn't mean a trip to the unemployment line. According to Entertainment Weekly, Deborah Ann Woll will be making the move from Bon Temps to Hell's Kitchen, after signing on to play Karen Page in the upcoming Netflix-distributed Daredevil series from Marvel.

In the comics, Karen Page was initially introduced as the secretary for Daredevil's day job at the law firm of Murdock & Nelson. Over the course of the comic series, Page became Daredevil's on-again/off-again love interest and started an acting career. In Daredevil's critically acclaimed "Born Again" storyline by Frank Miller, Page's life took a darker turn, with the character getting addicted to heroin and working in adult films, eventually selling her knowledge of Daredevil's identity to a drug dealer for a quick fix. Despite turning her life around, Page ultimately met a tragic fate, killed by Daredevil's longtime rival Bullseye during Kevin Smith's run back in 1999.

Woll is just the latest addition to the cast of the now filming Daredevil series. She will be joining the likes of Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) as series lead Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Elden Henson (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) as Murdock's best friend and business partner Franklin "Foggy" Nelson, Vincent D'Onofrio (Full Metal Jacket, Law & Order: Criminal Intent) as Daredevil's crimelord archenemy Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, and Rosario Dawson (Sin City) in an as-yet-unnamed role.

Source: Entertainment Weekly [http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/17/true-blood-actress-to-star-in-marvels-daredevil/]

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I'm glad that the role of Karen Page has been filled, it gives me hope that Rosario Dawson will be playing Misty Knight.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Ermahgard!!!

She's not even blonde! Karen is supposed to be blonde!! Holy crap, fire everyone on this project! No... fire everyone at Marvel. Hell, fire everyone at Disney!!!! AAAAARRRRGH!!! NERDRAGE!!!!

That's not even mentioning the fact that Page is a British surname, and Woll is Irish/German. Ridiculous pandering at it's worst!!!

(I'm kidding, of course. This looks like pretty damned good casting to me!)

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I'm really just excited to see how this series turns out. I'll actually admit I know little to nothing about her as an actress, but assuming the role follows the character in the source material closely, it should be a pretty meaty role for her to dig into.

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
While WarpedLord was kidding, I do hope they don't make her blonde and she keeps her red hair. It just works for her. :)

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
sleeky01 said:
While WarpedLord was kidding, I do hope they don't make her blonde and she keeps her red hair. It just works for her. :)
just an fyi - she is naturally blonde, the red is dye :p

Lhianon

Aug 28, 2011
reading this just reminds me how much i hate frank millers style of writing women, namely: change everyone with 2 x-chromosomes into a whore -.-

good casting choice, lets see how the writing shakes out since regardless of talent, if an actor/actress gets handed a turd, there is not much to polish.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Lhianon said:
reading this just reminds me how much i hate frank millers style of writing women, namely: change everyone with 2 x-chromosomes into a whore -.-
That's totally not true!

Why, there's Elektra and... uh... well, there's Elektra and...

Okay... yeah it's totally true (other than Elektra).