The Legend of Princess Kicks Zelda into Overdrive

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
The Legend of Princess Kicks Zelda into Overdrive

Imagine a world where Nintendo, in co-operation with a Treasure still in its prime, crafted a sequel to Zelda II: The Adventures of Link. Konjak has made this a reality.

It's about as shameless as Noitu Love [http://www.graalonline.com/][/I], Sandberg's latest is an ode to all things Zelda, featuring some intense slashing action and chicken-riding double-jumps.

The Legend of Princess is currently regulated to but a single playable level, though IndieGames [http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/01/freeware_game_pick_the_legend.html] points out that one could very easily play through it several times over with different sets of starting equipment. It's hard to say whether or not Konjak will continue with the project as he notes on his official site that, "At least now I'm burnt-out on making arcadey action games for a while." Perhaps with enough motivation (and a noticeable lack of lawsuit from Nintendo's suits), fans could convince him to go down the road of manic action one more time.

twtchr44

Jan 25, 2009
my first thoughts (before having seen the video) were kinda worried, thinking that it would be a cheap knock-off of zelda...

but after the video, it actually doesnt look half bad. it seems like a game that i would be INTERESTED in, but i would need it to have more that one level, and any and all following levels to be varied in their appearance (ie, not all freakin jungle ruins... but desert, mountains, etc)

if that happens, id totally buy it!

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
Remind me again why they made a sequel to the worst Zelda available?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Dele said:
Zelda II wasn't the worst Zelda. Look up Zelda CDi...
I actually kind of enjoyed Zelda II; it was just rock solid (and I've never seen the ending for that reason...).

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
Lukeje said:
Dele said:
I actually kind of enjoyed Zelda II; it was just rock solid (and I've never seen the ending for that reason...).
It's like saying "Episode I is not the worst star wars movie, Holiday special is!".
Those rip-offs had little to do with Zelda. You could have just used a different sprite and a different name and nobody would have recognized it as a Zelda game.

VaioStreams

May 7, 2008
it really is about time for the indie developer.
i can't believe a reference to Graal was made. I had forgotten all about that game

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Dele said:
Lukeje said:
Dele said:
It's like saying "Episode I is not the worst star wars movie, Holiday special is!".
Those rip-offs had little to do with Zelda. You could have just used a different sprite and a different name and nobody would have recognized it as a Zelda game.
I don't think that Zelda II was the worst Zelda ever...it just took things in a new direction. It introduced a lot of elements that would become staples of the Zelda gameplay, and it explained why every Hylian Princess is named Zelda. If you want the worst Zelda games, stick the CD-i Triforce of Shit.

Also, this looks frigging awesome!

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
What can I say. That looks a lot better than Zelda 2. Ok having just played it, I have to say that the section available is better than 90% of Zelda 2.

Good going and like the designer said, it is a good love note to the zelda games.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Awesome. I always wished they'd make another game in the style of Zelda II. This will have to do (the fact that it's awesome also helps).

Mudora

Feb 22, 2008
This looks fantastic. It just looks really great and new. Visuals are great... I was addicted to watching teh sword slice things up... XD

I use the word Great too much

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
That looks pretty fun and kooky (the word I might use too much sometimes). Easy too though, even if the one playing seemed like they really knew their stuff. The hair.. is a tad too much though. x)