Netflix Documentaries You Haven't Seen, But Should

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Netflix Documentaries You Haven't Seen, But Should

Today we give you eight documentaries that are currently featured on (American, sorry!) Netflix. Enjoy and remember that these are bringing another reality to you, so expect something new. Like a blown mind.

Read Full Article

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
I recommend Diary of a Corpse, a documentary on what happens when you die. Specifically, all the fun parts of decomposing.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Dear Mr. Watterson is actually a pretty terrible documentary despite being about something I love. Bill Watterson isn't even in the film, it's just a bunch of nobodies talking about how much they love him. No new information, no real insight, pretty much nothing worth watching unless you're a fan and want to hear a bunch of people agree with you.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
I can not even write about how amazing Jiro Dreams of Sushi is. Imagine looking at one task and deciding that you will become the best in the world at it. Then you spend the next 70 years practicing, refining, and focusing on that task. The man does not even say Sushi is his job, he says it is his passion.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Avaholic03 said:
Dear Mr. Watterson is actually a pretty terrible documentary despite being about something I love. Bill Watterson isn't even in the film, it's just a bunch of nobodies talking about how much they love him. No new information, no real insight, pretty much nothing worth watching unless you're a fan and want to hear a bunch of people agree with you.
By "bunch of nobodies" you mean fellow comic artists, Seth Green and other folks Bill Waterson inspired as well as people involved with him while he was penning/drawing the comic? And a documentary showing the town he drew inspiration for his whole theme from? I felt it was fairly well done considering it didn't have Bill, plus it was very respectful on account of his legendary reclusive nature.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Ok, I am a die hard Calvin & Hobbes fan but I have to see 'Dear Mr. Watterson' is not worth the watch // This not that great a documentary, there is one or two nice looks into the works of Bill Watterson but aside from that is not really worth your time // 'Stripped' on the other name is // It's a documentary about comics in general, from their early history to modern web-comics & even includes a letter from Bill Watterson, plus is more enjoyable to watch than 'Dear Mr. Watterson'

-M

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Slash2x said:
I can not even write about how amazing Jiro Dreams of Sushi is. Imagine looking at one task and deciding that you will become the best in the world at it. Then you spend the next 70 years practicing, refining, and focusing on that task. The man does not even say Sushi is his job, he says it is his passion.
"When I am making Sushi, I am victorious."

It's heart-crushingly good and an absolute inspiration to anyone doing something creative.