SDCC 2014: Kevin Smith's Tusk Trailer Makes a Man an Animal

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
SDCC 2014: Kevin Smith's Tusk Trailer Makes a Man an Animal

All that separates Man from Animals are the stories he tells. So ask the Walrus what he has to say ...

It started with Red State, will finish with Krampus and got its origin story from a Gumtree posting about a landlord willing to let someone live rent free if that someone agreed to dress up as a walrus. Say hello to the official trailer for Tusk, second in Smith's kinda-horror trilogy, in which things are going very, very wrong for one unlucky podcaster. His best friend and girlfriend will go searching the trackless wastelands of Canada for him, but you have to wonder whether they'll want to keep him after they find him.

The Gumtree posting turned out to be a fake, planted by a fella named Twitter followers [http://brightonsource.co.uk/features/chris-parkinson-hoaxer-unsung-hero-no-45/] said #WalrusYes when asked the question, would you like to see this movie made? Turns out they did, so here we are.

Now, some of you out there may have a Kevin Smith's career [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/9522-The-Fall-of-Kevin-Smith], and that's perfectly okay. However if you like the idea of chasing a would-be walrus maker in search of a missing podcaster, might be worth checking Tusk out. It's due September 19th, 2014.

Source: Tusk [http://www.tuskthemovie.com/]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'm guessing that this is some sort of parody on all those horror movies. The premise is funny, now let's see if the actual movie will be.

Ah, I see that your article writing skills haven't improved one bit.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Unfortunately, i think the trailer gave a little too much away. However, i thoroughly enjoyed red state, and am looking forward to this.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I wonder what Moviebob will say about this, either way I pretty much getting the Huamn Centipede vibe from it.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
So, obviously the old guy sewed the younger guy's legs together, possibly did something else to him... but what else is he doing? What was with that noise? Is this going to be like a purely medical body horror thing, or is there supernatural forces at work too? I'm not sure how he would suddenly start making walrus noises, for example. Had his voice box cut out and fitted with one from a walrus? Seems a bit implausible that it'd work!

I dunno, it seems weird, but maybe interesting?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Da fuck?

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a parody of Human Centipede or a ridiculous premise played totally straight for laughs.

Jodokh

Oct 2, 2012
Sleekit said:
Jodokh said:
Fuck it.... I'll bite.

But I'm getting hard whiplash from the tone here.
i think the tone might be best described as "fucked up".

i like Kevin but tbh the writing credits could honestly be attributed to "stoners & the internet"...

fair warning ;)

and pack your "what the fuck did i just see" memes probably...
Sounds about right, but as long it entertains me I'm content.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Zhukov said:
Da fuck?

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a parody of Human Centipede or a ridiculous premise played totally straight for laughs.
I seriously hope it's the latter because I can't take it seriously. The trailer looks like a parody to me.

captcha: time will tell

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
I like Justin Long. It also looks to have the kid from AI in. His face does not suit adulthood, man.