SDCC 2014: Mike Tyson Mysteries Comes to Adult Swim

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
SDCC 2014: Mike Tyson Mysteries Comes to Adult Swim

Adult Swim: Because if it's amusing for a few seconds, it'll be hilarious for half an hour... right?

It's been awhile, but this fall cable television's pranksters in chief at Adult Swim will return to their nostalgia-toon parody roots with Mike Tyson Mysteries, with the disgraced onetime heavyweight champ providing his own voice. The first trailer for the series debuted over the weekend at SDCC, and is now online.

The series, a parody of the that's funny. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/7825-Celebritoons])

At one point the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles and a former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, Tyson's professional career never recovered from legal and personal scandals including a 1992 rape conviction and biting off a piece of Evander Holyfield's ear during a 1997 rematch. Since that time, he has alternated attempts at rehabilitating his image between charity work, an autobiographical one man show produced by Spike Lee and novelty acting/voiceover roles.

Source: Adult Swim [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P58WJ-4PxcU]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014]

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
MovieBob said:
What you don't think Norm MacDonald is funny?

OT: A new series on Adult Swim I want to watch? This hasn't happened since the Venture Bros. was introduced... for me at least. I never saw the appeal of the Tom Goes to the Mayor style and the live action stuff that started to proliferate AS, except Eric Andre and Loiter Squad but even those ran dry for me at some point.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Mike Tyson badly voice acting serious and comedic lines through the whole thing will be the best thing since... well Rick and Morty, which wasn't that long ago, but still.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
That ghost sounds like he's voiced by Jim Rash AKA Dean Pelton.

This show looks incredibly amusing to say the least. I just wish there were alternatives for cable... I just can't fathom paying 100+ bucks a month for 6-10 channels I ACTUALLY watch and 400+ ones I NEVER use.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
This will either be the greatest thing ever, or the stupidest thing ever. I'm kind of on the fence here.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

No. Just no. Getting a celebrity rapist on your crime fighting show as a hero isn't edgy or funny or whatever. It's a terrible idea.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Uratoh said:
This will either be the greatest thing ever, or the stupidest thing ever. I'm kind of on the fence here.
It can be both...

OT Norm Macdonald has a good voice, and i like him... when he is not the one writing the jokes...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I get it's supposed to recapture the celebrity-endorsed cartoons (Hulk Hogan and Chuck Norris come to my mind) but on the other hand the show feels like a feeble attempt for Mike to regain any glory and fame he has left or to reignite it as a cartoon show.

I don't know, I may watched one episode to see if it could be good or not.